2015 Scion or other seed Swap Thread

I have 5 planted s should be able to get a stick or 2 off whats out there let me know if you really want

Paul

Paul that would be great unless it's too much of a hassle for you.

no hassle I got one nice stick for you You can get at least 3 grafts out of it

Anyone expecting scions from me, or any other kinds of seed I am planning on shipping end of the week. The only persons who might be delayed is Aero's because i'm still waiting for a package from Maple Valley.
Sounds good! I'll be home on Sunday!

Here is a list I sent to Ed last year about the scion wood I have or should have available this year as well

Originally Posted by aerospacefarmer
Anaros crab

Honeycrisp
Granny Smith
Cardinal Cortland
Winter Banana
Macoun
Dolgo Crab
Chestnut Crab
Wolf River
Fameuse (snow apple)

Arkansas Black
Freedom
Goldrush
Liberty
Macintosh
Enterprise
Nova spy
JNC DRC South (Cummins special)
Northern Spy
Crispin
Red Cort
Yellow Delicious
King David

Hudson's Golden Gem
Pixie Crunch
Sweet 16
Cox Orange Pippin
Spartan
Fuji
Ginger gold
Cripps Pink / Pink Lady
Jonagold
Suncrisp
Idared

Pears

Shinsui
Shinseiki
Kosui

Hosui
Shinko
Yoinashi
Nijisseiki

This years apples to be planted

Ashmeads Kernel
Brown Snout
Chisel Jersey
Dabinett
Grimes Golden
Kingston Black

Let me know what you like Ed

My picks from yours would be

Black Oxford
Frostbite MN
Northwest Greening
Pristine
Roxbury Russet
Sansa
Winecrisp
Zestar

I was able to successfully graft all but the Northwest Greening from Eds list because he never sent me any LOL By the way Ed those are all in the ground and hopefully will make it through the winter. they will get a good test this week with temps going down to around zero. There will be limited scion from the apples I planted this past spring

Paul

Aerospace,

Do you still have Crispin, King David and or Pnk Lady?

I sent pm

Nope, just red. That apple is likely the oldest apple still being grown, it dates back to the Roman empire. They're called Christmas apples because they used to be (still are in some places I imagine) incorporated into Christmas wreaths...they remain firm well into winter.

The other name "Lady" is allegedly due to the habitat of women (during the middle ages) keeping one hidden in their bosom...they could take a bite of it to freshen their breath.

Didn't know you were gonna learn that today did you? ;)

What do you do in your spare time, lol. My what big knockers you have, nah their just apples, wanna bite?

Lady is a small apple...likely what would have been called an applecrab back in the day ;)

so she's petite then. :)

If you are expecting scions from me, I sent the last 4 packages out today.

If you are expecting scions from me, I sent the last 4 packages out today.

30's and 40's until Thursday... looks like good shipping weather!

Does anyone have any Zestar? My mom has 1 apple tree I have to graft and she just let it leak that this is her favorite apple and I thought hey Mothers day is coming up.

If anyone has some I'll be forever indebted to you.

Keep in mind that Zestar! is a protected variety and has a US Plant Patent. Knowingly propagating them without license is strictly prohibited. Now, if one of our generous apple men on here were to have a bit of a wind storm knock off a few branches of an "unknown" variety and were to send you a PM asking if you would like some of these aforementioned "unknown" fallen branches, that wouldn't be such a bad thing. ;) Never know what your grafting or getting from scions like that, and if some apples happen to look and taste a bit like Zestar! then so be it.:D

Keep in mind that Zestar! is a protected variety and has a US Plant Patent. Knowingly propagating them without license is strictly prohibited. Now, if one of our generous apple men on here were to have a bit of a wind storm knock off a few branches of an "unknown" variety and were to send you a PM asking if you would like some of these aforementioned "unknown" fallen branches, that wouldn't be such a bad thing. ;) Never know what your grafting or getting from scions like that, and if some apples happen to look and taste a bit like Zestar! then so be it.:D

Oh boy, I didn't know that, my bad. However if such a gentleman were to have a travesty such as a forceful wind damage such an unspecified tree, however unfortunate I would surely accept with a grateful smile the unknown variety to use to propagate such a lasting testament to the unknown as previously mentioned..

Oh boy, I didn't know that, my bad. However if such a gentleman were to have a travesty such as a forceful wind damage such an unspecified tree, however unfortunate I would surely accept with a grateful smile the unknown variety to use to propagate such a lasting testament to the unknown as previously mentioned..
Next year I am sure we will get a bad snowstorm around this time next year.

YES!!!

Would anyone want a few ninebark seeds? I got some from prairie moon that have been stratifying, and I probably won't use them all. I can't guarantee the % germination, but I've found them to be pretty good.