Your pruning status

It's not supposed to freeze after you apply oil. You will be on the edge. Maybe wait until next week when it will be warmer. You will probably be ok though

Paul you sent this 45 mins after I left and sprayed, lol. Please Apple Lords don't punish my stupidity. Ahh well it was great to see all the progress. Some are silver tipped, thats crazy!

Paul you sent this 45 mins after I left and sprayed, lol. Please Apple Lords don't punish my stupidity. Ahh well it was great to see all the progress. Some are silver tipped, thats crazy!
You will be fine. I think 32 is not too hard a freeze to do any damage

Glad to report all pruning is finished. Nearly all cages and stakes tweeked. All limbs are tied down for training. I about ready to spray copper. In better shape than ever before.

gladly done, with these warm temp they will be budding soon. Planting season is right around the corner

Finished pruning two old apple trees along the lane yesterday morning and received my rootstock from Cummins yesterday afternoon. The fun never ends. :)

Today should be my last day pruning. Just some light stuff....

Weather is looking better here, no real warm weather for the next 15 days, no temps below 30 either. We are swelling some but no green and not even much of any silver.

I will be doing it this weekend. I will also be planting 12 trees I bought on clearance last fall. I dug the holes last fall so it should go pretty quick. I just saw the first mosquitoes of the year so I better not have to deal with them this weekend. It is unbelievable the difference in weather the last two years. Last year at this point we still had 4' of snow.

I got bit on my bald head while pruning my apples trees here in Mid-Michigan... There weren't a lot, but enough to tick me off... Got all the apple trees pruned though!

Is it too late to be pruning this weekend in Central WI? What about fertilizer? I was thinking of getting some fertilizer spikes in the ground if it's thawed enough.

Thanks guys.

Pruning is done but ground was frozen so I couldn't get my trees planted. Won't be up for three weeks now. Hopefully they will be ok in their pots until I get back.

Just finished pruning our yard trees at home. Next weekend I'll check on the fruit trees we planted last year at the cabin as bare root whips. How much pruning should I do on those trees?

Just finished pruning our yard trees at home. Next weekend I'll check on the fruit trees we planted last year at the cabin as bare root whips. How much pruning should I do on those trees?
Very little to none peeps. About the only thing I would do is make sure the leaders are not forking and take out any excessively big branches.

Very little to none peeps. About the only thing I would do is make sure the leaders are not forking and take out any excessively big branches.
Would you recommend trimming off any from the very top of the central leader?

How much did they grow this past year and how much did the branch? Generally no need to do so unless they are very whippy or did not branch well last year.

Would you recommend trimming off any from the very top of the central leader?

I was aggressive pruning in my earlier planting years, and extra heading cuts lead to unnecessary water sprouts.

2500 of 3000 done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2500 of 3000 done

BEN!

So nice to see that you found your way here!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had a shepherd Ed.