Xmas come early

^^ I have five tines on my box blade. I think I can only get them down about 4" below the box blade scraper. When all five are engaged in the dirt.....your making black smoke outta that diesel and may be doing some spinning, etc. You know its "back there".

I also have a sub-soiler which has a single tooth. I can get that down about a foot into the ground....and you hardly know your pulling it. (I also have used it to pull waterlines and it's useful to install power lines.)

I've used the subsoiler to pull roots and loosen up ground debris on new soil (when I started clearing land several years back). I now use a disk and a landscape rake to follow my stump grinder on new plots. I don't need the ripper tines as much and don't clear as much debris from the plot as I did at first. I just disk it in.....and then till it in. Seems to work for me.

Mine has 6 teeth and I'm not sure how deep they will go. I'm guessing 4-6" and maybe more If I roll the blade forward with the top link. I'll be happy if it's 4" as that will be deep enough for me. I brought the bucket home yesterday to weld a couple of grab hooks to it. If I remember I'll measure how deep they go when I take the bucket back.

back blade winch mount.jpg

Just saw this setup and thought of you guys.

Last edited:
Where's the pic Jim??????

I can see it. Hmmm maybe they have it limited to members of arboristsite. I'll fix it.