Wyoming OTC pronghorn? Or maybe elk?

Telemark

5 year old buck +
This is one of my bucketlist hunts, and I would like to do it in 2024 or 25. Has anyone here done this? I would like to put together a hunt with my dad where we plan for a few days and then drive from Ohio out to Wyoming and glass pronghorn until we find a good one to shoot. Then we put it in coolers with ice and drive back.

Anyone have tips, advice, etc. about this hunt? Are some of the areas especially good?

The Wyoming antelope numbers are lower than they were in the past and it takes much longer to draw a tag than before. When we started antelope hunting 20 years ago, we could hunt every year on public land but now it takes 5-7 years of preference points to draw a tag in most areas.

There may be some leftover tags for areas without public land, but you would likely need to find an outfitter or pay a private trespass fee in those areas.

Having said that, antelope hunting is awesome and we've always had 100% success on public land. You can buy preference points in Wyoming until October 31st, so you should definitely buy one soon if you plan on hunting in a couple years.

Oh wow, I didn't realize it had gotten so bad. Thanks for the advice. I'll pull up their website and see what the process is like.

Yes and non resident tags in WY are dropping to 5%. Also in the special draw I think antelope and deer are going to $1213 next year.

You have until Oct 31 st I believe to purchase a point for this year

Yes and non resident tags in WY are dropping to 5%. Also in the special draw I think antelope and deer are going to $1213 next year.

What the WHAT?!?! So is it not really even worth it now? Better to try Montana or some other state?

At least they told you they were changing it before you bought points,my wife has been buying moose points for like 21 years

I've been looking around for info on hunting Wyoming, and it seems there are some "leftover" elk licenses available at $288 for an antlerless elk valid until December 31. Is it worth the drive from Ohio, or are the tags available because the elk aren't?

The winter kill this year is rather stout.

Even in my area ( lemhi valley Idaho) the harvest rates are alarmingly low.

I was grateful I didn’t draw in Montana.

Im going catfishing instead of big game next year!

One article says they are bursting at the seams with elk.