Wood duck houses

Tamarack, Nice pics and video. What is living in the holes on the bank?

That is a good question. Have never gotten anything on camera going in/out except the below, but never going in and staying. Get badgers quite a bit above there. The holes have been there for years..maybe I'll put a camera right on 'em in case the duck cams just aren't getting triggered by whatever it is.

Great pics

What's burrowing in your hillside there?

What's burrowing in your hillside there?

Haven't figured that out yet. I've seen woodchucks check them out and recently have been getting a couple of raccoons coming down from that direction, and quite often badger pictures on top of the bank there....but still need to set up a camera that will have a better chance of catching anything actually going in and staying for the day or night.

84F97B5E-6AC6-430F-B7DF-2B5EF4C01572.jpegEA3DC131-3D56-446D-BC93-376E92D1B7D0.jpeg

Wife and I were lucky enough to see hooded merganser chicks jumping this morning at the farm.
It was over in seconds.
In all the years of messing with wood duck boxes first time I’ve ever seen it live. ..and I got it on vid!

Wife and I were lucky enough to see hooded merganser chicks jumping this morning at the farm.
It was over in seconds.
In all the years of messing with wood duck boxes first time I’ve ever seen it live. ..and I got it on vid!

Is there supposed to be a video of it or are those snapshots of the vid? Very cool either way.

Is there supposed to be a video of it or are those snapshots of the vid? Very cool either way.

Screenshots from vid.
I’m to dumb and to old to know how to post videos!

Screenshots from vid.
I’m to dumb and to old to know how to post videos!
Yeah they have to be uploaded to Youtube or Vimeo etc first. Then the links copy/pasted here. I wish we could just upload them here but my guess is it'd cost a pretty penny for all the storage etc required.

Our first year of any wood ducks using one of our boxes.

I was actually thinking we struck out again until I heard something rustling inside when walking up. She flew away and gave me a chance to peak inside with my phone for a photo.

Attachments

• PXL_20220508_235155376.jpg
    PXL_20220508_235155376.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 10
Daughters first one
f719e15d76e59a1f2baf70457ca0d125.jpg

5dc0faf26d1b5ade7ed2fe87310efb89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much activity at the one house then not much at all- just a hen checking it out a few days ago. Was able to check it the other day and there were twigs completely covering up 26 eggs. Most likely from a wren I got just a few pictures of. Tossed them all out(eggs as well) and hopefully one..ONE..will be back. Other houses were ok...a couple the hens flew out another let me take a pic. Attach54101_20220523_125405.jpg