Win the WI DNR lottery

Saw that a couple days ago and thought about it. Don't know if I want someone wondering around my land or going into my deer sanctuaries. If they find somekind of endangered species on your property it could restrict what you could do with your property down the road.

They may not even have to find the actual endangered species on your place, all they have to do is decide that you have prime habitat for that species and they could possibly restrict you from doing what you want.

They may not even have to find the actual endangered species on your place, all they have to do is decide that you have prime habitat for that species and they could possibly restrict you from doing what you want.
We have somethings similar to this in PA. A friend of mine is an environmental compliance technician for an engineering firm that does a lot of work in the Natural Gas industry. His job is to go out and review potential development sites and decide based on environmental/habitat indicators if there would be any potential impacts to sensitive plant and animal species. His findings are then submitted to the company that will be doing the development and then that company has to include it in the permitting process with the appropriate state agencies. The state agencies then review it and determine if they will also conduct their own site evaluation. My friend said that quite often permits will be denied based on some indicators of habitat that can support sensitive species of plants and animals whether or not those species are found to be present. Which isnt necessarily a bad thing. However i wouldnt want to buy some property and have some great plans for improving the place only to have them squashed because of it.