WI bow starts Saturday

Anyone see anything?

This looks like a spot deer would like. Only 1 person hunting?
Sw wind tomorrow evening, which doesn't really work for the spots the shooters are hanging at. I might sit tomorrow night on more of a scouting trip

I like this spot. I can see this being a morning hotspot during the rut when bucks are out cruising for ladies. It has everything to offer, tons of food and solid bedding nearby. Beans were topseeded with rape, turnips and radish. There are 10 apple trees(in pic) along the corn on the right and every tree has apples hanging.

Last night was more of a scouting sit for me and the NW wind was perfect for this stand. Beans have been quiet for the past two weeks. Alot of white oaks dropping and deer are spending most of the time sucking up acorns right now.

Never saw a deer last night, very quiet.

Last edited:
Saw 37 last night between the two of us hunting.

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 9
gwm, nice looking plots you have there. I may see 37 deer combined between now and 2019 :(.

U guys and those cameras. Throw them out
This would really be a shot in the dark for us. We have cameras on 4 small oak ridges on public land(large forest tracts). One ridge has had a couple deer. The other 3 zero deer. LITTLE deer sign on these 3.
I like this spot. I can see this being a morning hotspot during the rut when bucks are out cruising for ladies. It has everything to offer, tons of food and solid bedding nearby. Beans were topseeded with rape, turnips and radish. There are 10 apple trees(in pic) along the corn on the right and every tree has apples hanging.

Last night was more of a scouting sit for me and the NW wind was perfect for this stand. Beans have been quiet for the past two weeks. Alot of white oaks dropping and deer are spending most of the time sucking up acorns right now.

Never saw a deer last night, very quiet.
Two boys sat on a good sized hump(one with deer pics) and saw 4 deer. Passed on a 2.5yr. old 7pt. VERY LIGHT BREEZE, but deer came from the most unlikely direction. We need to practice best scent control possible as it is tough to pin point where they will come from on these large forest tracts.2015-9-12 WL west Oaks (8).JPG

gwm...you must be in southern J.C.? Down towards Wonewoc?

Southern Juneau County between Mauston and Elroy.

gwm, nice looking plots you have there. I may see 37 deer combined between now and 2019 :(.

We're pretty fortunate in the number of deer we see in a season.

Saw 4 does and a fawn. Passed on 3 of the does. Was a good night regardless.

I saw 2 fawns and 2 does.

Looks like we were a day late.......same plot as above pics. Camera somehow got tilted.

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

Big body on that buck

Lets just say I got out foxed opening evening. Perfect front just passed good and cold day so I decided to go for broke. Cutting edge close on my favorite deer so I used a little fox urine to mist in air as cover scent. I regularly see this fox around my favorite 10 point and other deer in clover field so I thought should work if he 10 pointer gets too close to my scent cone on entry. Boy did it work but also created issue, that was a minute to early. Pictures self explanatory. I had set cams up to Take pics every 30 seconds early in week from 5 to 8 pm so captured the event. The only bright side my bow season is not over .

OD1.JPG

OD2.JPG

No Shot bad angle wait for broadside and clear 1 tree limb

OD3.JPG

Perfect Now broadside getting ready to draw.

OD4.JPG

Fox unknown to me at this point is directly under stand and lets out scream big time and clears field !

OD5.JPG

The culprit (spoiler)

OD6.JPG

He saved his buddy. Sometimes the ones that got away give use the best memories. U will get another crack at him

He saved his buddy. Sometimes the ones that got away give use the best memories. U will get another crack at him[/QUOTE

Thanks . You were right on he will be back on prior post related to many deer. All extra deer make for real challenge

Great series of pic Fall Guy, thanks for sharing! Those stories are frustrating but cool as h#ll to tell, especially when you have pics to back them up.

Saw 6 does. The first busted me as the wind was light and varibleable. The second three I could of shot. All walked within 15 yards. Mom is real nice size. Her twin fawns are still really small and have spots. I thought about it but let them go. Maybe a week or two more and I'll feel better about it even though I'm sure the fawns would be fine.

Saw 6 does. The first busted me as the wind was light and varibleable. The second three I could of shot. All walked within 15 yards. Mom is real nice size. Her twin fawns are still really small and have spots. I thought about it but let them go. Maybe a week or two more and I'll feel better about it even though I'm sure the fawns would be fine.
Any lone does walking around? I think we have one, likely a yearling. Given the opportunity I make take her.

Any lone does walking around? I think we have one, likely a yearling. Given the opportunity I make take her.
Yes. We have one fawnless yearling as well and I would of preferred to take her. No sign of her though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best part is they are easy to tell apart. The yearling I want is on the left. And one of our does with twins is on the right. That yearling would eat good.

IMAG0204_zpsjsyrqu6f.jpg

Had the big one close but not close enough, will pick it up again with the next cool front.