Who are you?

Welcome!
Tell me about any trouble with posting. We’re always looking for ways to improve things.

Looks like you got the posting pics figured out. That’s a plus!

Probably belongs in the fruit tree section but if you grape guys keep at it we my need a section
I'm starting to get the hang of it. Your site is really pretty user friendly. I just never really posted to any forums before.

I'm interested in that wildlife tree farm. What exactly is that?
Was working with a local nursery, and a tree farm to expand into trees for wildlife. We focused on grafting special varieties of fruit trees, and growing multiple species of oaks. After two years we had roughly 9000 fruit, and 25000 oaks in row plantings, and were selling them rather well. Just difficult when there are three hands to divide the expenses and profits, so we decided to let it go. The tree farm still propagates several of the fruit trees, but has eliminated the special variety oaks.

I got three from arbor day in 2015. They have been growing slow too. The biggest one is about 5 feet tall and has a lot of new shoots coming up. It twice as big as the other two and grew much faster last summer. The other 25, I got from Forest Agriculture Enterprises in western Wisconsin and planted them in 2017. These are there CONTROLLED-CROSS SELECTED SEEDLING HYBRIDS. They were really nice plants with lots of roots. They are growing much faster, but part of the reason may be due to better care that I'm giving them. Last year I got a few nuts so I'm hoping some day soon I will be able to try and cross breed the better ones.

Thanks. I have about 20 same hybrids from Forest Ag also. Any further comments will start a new thread outside of this intro welcome area

I'm Chase, currently in senior year of high school in NW WI, planning to be an electrician next year. I live on 60 acres near a field and an island of woods. We also own a cabin in Dunn County WI where we run the Cuddelink system. We spend most of our summers working on shooting lanes, foodplots, and ponds for the upcoming season. Always a time of the year to look forward to. We always have a big one running around. Here's a pic of the one we got this year.

Attachments

• zachhhhhh.png
    zachhhhhh.png
    723.3 KB · Views: 27
  • twostep.png
    twostep.png
    271.2 KB · Views: 26
I'm Chase, currently in senior year of high school in NW WI, planning to be an electrician next year. I live on 60 acres near a field and an island of woods. We also own a cabin in Dunn County WI where we run the Cuddelink system. We spend most of our summers working on shooting lanes, foodplots, and ponds for the upcoming season. Always a time of the year to look forward to. We always have a big one running around. Here's a pic of the one we got this year.
Welcome Chase! Good luck on becoming an electrician.

Thank You!

Hello Chase!

Although I had read some on this forum a few years back, I just joined, I think for the first time. :) I have a farm in SE Iowa and consider myself an "intermediate" in terms of expertise and experience on all things wildlife habitat(food plots, TSI, etc.). I have owned my farm for about 20 years now and am grateful to have been able to learn so much from others, often on online forums like this one.

FWIW, I was good friends with Dbltree/Lick Creek (Paul Knox) until his passing, as we got to know each other through Iowa Whitetail years ago and my farm was located close to his two farms. (He later sold one of them.) Some of the MANY habitat pictures and experiences that Paul shared with others online were actually from my farm. I was glad to have Paul as a friend and I learned a TON from him over the years and miss him greatly.

Otherwise, I have 40hp tractor and several implements to help maintain my plots and hope to add a no till drill to the fold soon. :) TIA for any help and advice that anyone can provide and I will try to return the favor too.

Although I had read some on this forum a few years back, I just joined, I think for the first time. :) I have a farm in SE Iowa and consider myself an "intermediate" in terms of expertise and experience on all things wildlife habitat(food plots, TSI, etc.). I have owned my farm for about 20 years now and am grateful to have been able to learn so much from others, often on online forums like this one.

FWIW, I was good friends with Dbltree/Lick Creek (Paul Knox) until his passing, as we got to know each other through Iowa Whitetail years ago and my farm was located close to his two farms. (He later sold one of them.) Some of the MANY habitat pictures and experiences that Paul shared with others online were actually from my farm. I was glad to have Paul as a friend and I learned a TON from him over the years and miss him greatly.

Otherwise, I have 40hp tractor and several implements to help maintain my plots and hope to add a no till drill to the fold soon. :) TIA for any help and advice that anyone can provide and I will try to return the favor too.
Welcome Dave! I believe Paul is missed by many including me.

Are you "Daver" from IW? Probably not, because that guy is more of an expert than an intermediate, IMO. Writes great posts, with lots of experience to share. My first searches for habitat help took me straight to Paul's threads at IW. He was a giver. HT is lucky to have a new member here.

Are you "Daver" from IW? Probably not, because that guy is more of an expert than an intermediate, IMO. Writes great posts, with lots of experience to share. My first searches for habitat help took me straight to Paul's threads at IW. He was a giver. HT is lucky to have a new member here.

Yes sir, I am Daver...it's just that Daver is a pretty modest fellow, so he describes himself as an intermediate. :) (I hope the intended humor of that sentence comes through. :)) Daver is an expert in what and how NOT to do things, as I think I have made about every mistake possible over the years. :) But I seriously could not label myself as an expert after knowing someone like Paul, who truly was an expert.

Otherwise, thanks for the kind words and the welcome.

Welcome Dave,
Consider yourself lucky to have known Paul like that. Many of us knew him well virtually but never got shake his hand.
He is indeed missed.

Hi everyone! I’m excited to join this site! My name is Hunter. I am 23 and reside in northern Arkansas about 30 minutes from Branson, MO. I am getting married this October to my beautiful fiancé. We have been together for seven years and I am excited to start the next chapter of my life with her.
Her family just recently inherited 750 acres in the beautiful Ozark mountains. The land is full of springs and vegetation for hundreds of deer, turkey and bear to enjoy. No one has lived on the land in 10+ years but we plan to raise our children and farm there. The land is about 2/3 timber and 1/3 pasture. The pasture land needs a lot of work as it has been overtaken by locusts trees in parts of it. There are currently about 80 head of cattle that call these pastures home, but they do not have access to the rest of the land. I joined this site to get helpful advice on how to manage this amazing property.
I just recently purchased a few cuddeback cuddelink cameras and have many questions for experienced users on how to get most out of these cameras. I have a degree in exercise science and I am currently going for a degree in electrical engineering to go on and do biomedical engineering.
I’d love to hear everyone’s opinion on any of my posts. So please feel free to reply! I’ve hunted my entire life, but I can always learn new things from other experienced hunters, young or old!

FC535694-5FD8-4D06-B33E-B2FC78139E93.png

Hi everyone! I’m excited to join this site! My name is Hunter. I am 23 and reside in northern Arkansas about 30 minutes from Branson, MO. I am getting married this October to my beautiful fiancé. We have been together for seven years and I am excited to start the next chapter of my life with her.
Her family just recently inherited 750 acres in the beautiful Ozark mountains. The land is full of springs and vegetation for hundreds of deer, turkey and bear to enjoy. No one has lived on the land in 10+ years but we plan to raise our children and farm there. The land is about 2/3 timber and 1/3 pasture. The pasture land needs a lot of work as it has been overtaken by locusts trees in parts of it. There are currently about 80 head of cattle that call these pastures home, but they do not have access to the rest of the land. I joined this site to get helpful advice on how to manage this amazing property.
I just recently purchased a few cuddeback cuddelink cameras and have many questions for experienced users on how to get most out of these cameras. I have a degree in exercise science and I am currently going for a degree in electrical engineering to go on and do biomedical engineering.
I’d love to hear everyone’s opinion on any of my posts. So please feel free to reply! I’ve hunted my entire life, but I can always learn new things from other experienced hunters, young or old!

View attachment 27795
Welcome! Sounds like a great plot to have some fun on.
I'm a north Ark hunter myself, though I'm about as far east of you as one can go and not be in Missouri.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Welcome! Sounds like a great plot to have some fun on.
I'm a north Ark hunter myself, though I'm about as far east of you as one can go and not be in Missouri.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Hi Mearle,
Very nice! I actually went to school in walnut ridge my freshman year of college and played some ball. The delta land is definitely different than what I am used to so it made it a challenge for my friend and I to deer hunt over there, but easily some of the best duck hunting in the state!

View attachment 27795
Welcome Hunter!

Sounds like your a lucky guy who’s going to be real busy managing all that land and keeping the wife happy. Good luck to the both of you and welcome to the site.

Sounds like your a lucky guy who’s going to be real busy managing all that land and keeping the wife happy. Good luck to the both of you and welcome to the site.
Thank you!