Who are you?

For the new members and anyone that hasn't yet;

Take the time to start a Land Tour thread in that section when you get a chance, it's fun for all of us to follow along on projects you do and shares ideas besides being able to show how things look in different parts of the country. It is also a GREAT personal photo/diary of how your place has come along over the years and things that have happened over time for you to look back over every now and then.

I will do this, most of my pictures are on my old phone but I think I can retrieve them from the Cloud (Iphone). Not many people in my life understand how much work goes into this stuff but most people here certainly do.

Welcome TT,
my mother was from Auburn, spent many summers at a camp on Owasco lake as a kid.
From what I remember Cortland and Homer were crawling with cool old historic houses and buildings. Hopefully they weren’t all torn down...

Welcome TT,
my mother was from Auburn, spent many summers at a camp on Owasco lake as a kid.
From what I remember Cortland and Homer were crawling with cool old historic houses and buildings. Hopefully they weren’t all torn down...
Yessir!! I often fish on Owasco Lake! Technically I live in E. Homer, country life for me. We still have alot of Historic houses here, we get great funding for restoration and maintenance. Small world :)

My old handle was Fall's Legend but I no longer have that email address so I re-registered. Will try to get things up to speed. Hope everyone is doing well!

My old handle was Fall's Legend but I no longer have that email address so I re-registered. Will try to get things up to speed. Hope everyone is doing well!

I’ll PM you. I can fix all that

Hi All, thanks for adding me to the group. Longtime member on Archerytalk. Live in GA but recently started focusing on food plots and habitat on a farm my family bought last year in Western Kentucky. Look forward to sharing and learning!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi All, thanks for adding me to the group. Longtime member on Archerytalk. Live in GA but recently started focusing on food plots and habitat on a farm my family bought last year in Western Kentucky. Look forward to sharing and learning!

Welcome blmarlin!

Welcome. What County? Use to have a farm in Butler Co, before I went to MO.

Welcome. What County? Use to have a farm in Butler Co, before I went to MO.
Crittenden County

Welcome bl.

Hello everyone,
I'm Derek from North Central PA. Stumbled on this forum when I was doing some research on frost seeding. My family has ~200 acres that we manage for deer and turkey. In the past few years we have gotten very into habitat management and trying to provide year-round nutrition for the animals that live on and wander through our property. We have certainly seen an increase in the size and quantity both turkey and deer. Last year we planted ~10 acres of plots in a kind of grand experiment using tons of different mixes on lots of different soil varieties. Definitely learned alot. Definitely rewarding..on the first day of archery season, between 5 hunters, saw over 100 deer. Very much looking forward to learning and contributing to this forum.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I'm Derek from North Central PA. Stumbled on this forum when I was doing some research on frost seeding. My family has ~200 acres that we manage for deer and turkey. In the past few years we have gotten very into habitat management and trying to provide year-round nutrition for the animals that live on and wander through our property. We have certainly seen an increase in the size and quantity both turkey and deer. Last year we planted ~10 acres of plots in a kind of grand experiment using tons of different mixes on lots of different soil varieties. Definitely learned alot. Very much looking forward to learning and contributing to this forum.
Welcome Derek!

I live on 24 acres in SW Hood County TX on a wildlife exempted "Cross Timbers" habitat region that is native (uncleared) and backs up to 500 mostly native acres, enjoying peace and quiet.
P1010005 (2).JPG

I live on 24 acres in SW Hood County TX on a wildlife exempted "Cross Timbers" habitat region that is native (uncleared) and backs up to 500 mostly native acres, enjoying peace and quiet.
View attachment 28744
Welcome!

In my youth I lived in St. Clair Shores.

View attachment 28744

welcome. Wish I had a pond like that. Looks like a great place for a lawn chair, fishing pole and a cold beer on a warm day.

welcome. Wish I had a pond like that. Looks like a great place for a lawn chair, fishing pole and a cold beer on a warm day.

Thanks. I like this message board, everybody is very helpful (and none get very belligerent).

Picture was taken from a lawn chair in early March (gets very warm here on a warm day--from about mid May to mid October and beyond we can get over 100). Only fish I stock are fathead minnows, to keep the pond healthy (there's fishing--and beer only about 15 minutes from here). Great this time of year (before the mosquitoes) to sit there in the afternoon (I prefer with a Bourbon) and listen as the frogs and crickets start up. Its beautiful when the stars come out (not much light pollution here).

The stars at night, are big and bright...deep in the heart of Texas!

Retired veterinary pathologist, wife is also a retired veterinarian. We have 192 acres in Christian Co., KY, about 80 in mixed hardwoods and 110 in pasture, farmstead, and orchard. Sold our 80-cow beef herd in Fall 2019, and grew 11 acres of floral/CBD hemp last year.
Grew up deer hunting in east-central AL, but haven't done much hunting in 30 yrs.
Frustrated flintknapper.
Have been collecting and propagating edible woody plants for the past 25 yrs... big collection of named-variety pecans, hickories, low-tannin oaks, persimmons, pears, apples/crabs, mulberries, mayhaws, and others, the majority of which I've grafted myself. Working on trying to get most of the callery pear seedlings which pop up everywhere grafted over to edible varieties, concentrating on late-ripening and 'hard' selections as soft mast sources.