Who are you?

My land is about 25 acres, and it is surrounded by big woods. So it is just a small piece of a big picture. Not much ag around the area, but there is one large ag farmer, and he does have a 100 acre field about 3/4 of a mile away. So most deer tend to venture there from all around. So the addition of food plots have helped in a stopping point for deer on their way to the fields.

My land is about 25 acres, and it is surrounded by big woods. So it is just a small piece of a big picture. Not much ag around the area, but there is one large ag farmer, and he does have a 100 acre field about 3/4 of a mile away. So most deer tend to venture there from all around. So the addition of food plots have helped in a stopping point for deer on their way to the fields.
Not that different from my situation. Those food plots will be a major draw for you. They are for me. Including one that was essentially in the front yard of our travel trailer that was setup permanently in the same spot for years. It was common to be inside or even outside under the canopy when deer would enter the plot to feed.

Welcome aboard Scott.
I agree with bueller those small plots will be great starting places for deer before heading to the 100 acre field after dark.

Welcome Scott!

Welcome Scott some really good info here

Thanks guys!

Scott - you the same "4wanderingeyes" from over at QDMA? Some of us.....myself included tend to keep the same "handle" - just curious, helps paint a picture/history so to speak. Some of the other guys here are over there as well.

It is;), I told him to head over here, so lets help him out if we can!!!

Welcome

Scott - you the same "4wanderingeyes" from over at QDMA? Some of us.....myself included tend to keep the same "handle" - just curious, helps paint a picture/history so to speak. Some of the other guys here are over there as well.

The one and only!

Thanks for the welcomes! I always want to learn, so I have many questions.

The one and only!

I think you need a land tour thread ;)

Welcome Scott, won't have any problem remembering your name for sure since it's mine too.

I will work on one next week.

The one and only!

that's cool - just didn't want to assume. A guy can never have too many resources.

Welcome aboard Scott.

Welcome Scott. I am just like you, I used to fish every chance I got. Since the habitat bug bit I have not been open water fishing in three years. Just to much to plant and cut to fish.

Where are the land tour threads posted? I would like to read up on all of your before making my own. I had started a land tour thread on a different site, but no one commented on it, so I left it go. Plus I dont go on that site anymore either.

Where are the land tour threads posted? I would like to read up on all of your before making my own. I had started a land tour thread on a different site, but no one commented on it, so I left it go. Plus I dont go on that site anymore either.
Most guys put them in the Native Habitat forum.

Well I am a late 50's guy who lives in Florida and has 320 acres in SE Alabama. I am here due to the demise of the QDMA forum and the fact I have become a habitat junkie. I am blessed to be the fifth generation owner of my farm and my goal is to pass it on better than when I got it. I have spent the last 6-7 years actively managing my place for deer, quail and turkey and hope to be a permanent resident up there in about 5-6 years when I hope to be retired, at least from a real job.