All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are you?

Welcome Brad!

Found out about you guys through the closure of the QDMA forum . I read a lot more than I post. Like seeing everybody else's properties and projects they have going on. I'm out in western Kansas.

Well guys, i just joined this forum after hearing about it on the now defunct QDMA forum.

Glad you came. I would have missed our annual odor control vrs hunting the wind debates. You've been one of the relatively few people that I've debated the subject with that didn't get mad that I am confident one can go undetected. You'll never agree with me, and I respect that, but I respect that we can have a civil, respectful debate on it even more.

For you guys just joining the party here from the sinking QDMA forum ......welcome. Sorry for the circumstances, but we all got to scratch our habitat itch somewhere! I'm the same j-bird as on the QDMA forum, if that's a good thing......if the J-bird over there was a butt-head.......I'm not him:D!!!!!

For you guys just joining the party here from the sinking QDMA forum ......welcome. Sorry for the circumstances, but we all got to scratch our habitat itch somewhere! I'm the same j-bird as on the QDMA forum, if that's a good thing......if the J-bird over there was a butt-head.......I'm not him:D!!!!!
No.........your definitely him..........;):D

Great to see you all over here. There are a lot of pretty informative guys on here no matter what area of the country you're from, we got it covered, even Canada!

I am glad to see several people migrating over. Lets make this site good by posting helpful info, and making your own land tour threads.

Hello! Kept the same name as on the qdm forum. Live in sw Ohio own 112 acres in se Ohio. My wife and I are both full time teachers. We have one daughter who is three. My passion is deer, turkey, dove and waterfowl hunting.

Another ex-QDMA member. Owner of 44 acres in the Georgia Piedmont for the past 10 years. I've pears, persimmons, and crabs along with 4 acres of food plots.

Hello I am Brad just another qdma refugee.

I am formerly knows as 'totouchantler' on QDMA...which is a bonfire right now....

Is there a way to change your screen name?

Glad you came. I would have missed our annual odor control vrs hunting the wind debates. You've been one of the relatively few people that I've debated the subject with that didn't get mad that I am confident one can go undetected. You'll never agree with me, and I respect that, but I respect that we can have a civil, respectful debate on it even more.
Thanks Steve. Even though we disagree, i respect your consistency and passion for scent control. If your going to do it, go all out, as you do.

Another refugee from QDMA, just 1 year into managing deer. In eastern NC, 30 mins to the ocean, 30 mins to the deer stand.

Thanks for the welcome. Special thanks to Bill for getting me in during the crazy period. My user name lacks imagination. 1st name plus I've worked @ Virginia Tech for 27 years in maintenance.
Rapidly approaching 50. Married with 2 boys ages 5 and 7. Blessed to live on our 53 acres among some great neighbors. (Somewhere around 1400 acres whose owners only shoot what they would be willing to mount.) I grew up hunting most of it. I bought out the other heirs in 97 for my original 39 acres. Purchased 14 acres that join the 39 in 2012. Property includes about 3/4 of a mile of a stream that holds trout. Life is Good! I only hunt my 53 but that's ok. If it wasn't for the neighbors I would not have the opportunity for what is roaming our area.
We home school (wife) and its great to be able to use the habitat as a classroom.
Don't really feel like I have a whole lot to contribute but will hopefully be able to participate from time to time. Trying to use "restraint of pen and tongue" about the reason I'm here but grateful this place exist. Was unaware until yesterday.
Thanks Again,
Brian
"we keep what we have by giving it away"