Wheat, alfalfa, and corn

In the upper left is part of a 6 acre wheat field I have planted for doves. Will keep it weed free until September. Should be a fun shoot.

To the north is a small alfalfa field I planted this past fall. It’s really starting to take off with our warmer weather and the fertilizer I put out 2 weeks ago.

In the fresh dirt is corn. I planted it this past week when our week long forecast was showing much warmer weather. Now it’s supposed to get down to 22. The corn should not be germinated so hoping it doesn’t get hammered by the hard freeze. If it does, I’ll just replant.

There are actually 2 corn plots. The closest one is about 1/2 acre. If you look in the upper right part of the photo you can see a little dirt. That plot is about 3/4 acre.

You going to burn the wheat before the season? Or will they utilize without?

I love fresh turned dirt. I don't care what the soil huggers think :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

You going to burn the wheat before the season? Or will they utilize without?

I love fresh turned dirt. I don't care what the soil huggers think :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

Going to keep it weed free with Roundup and Cadre. Will probably start off mowing strips. Will burn a little as well.

Dont you have hogs? I couldnt put a grain of corn in the ground without them finding it.

Dont you have hogs? I couldnt put a grain of corn in the ground without them finding it.

Not on this property. This land is almost in the city and a good ways from the waterways.