Whats left after the holy war

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Things were shot up around here this year, but I see a slight glimmer of hope for the future:

A bunch of nice looking bucks you have there, cool cat pic too!

Looks like a great inventory of survivors there!

Thanks guys. Even though I get cat pic frequently, this is only the third time I've ever had a daylight pic of one. I also found out today I have some yote shooting to do. I had one pic with three in it.

Cool cat, cool deer. Give the yotes lead.

Glad you still got some bucks. I think I lost a couple studs too. The buck I passed last rifle season is no where to be found which disappoints me but that's hunting.

Cool cat, cool deer. Give the yotes lead.

I've listened to them howl all during season and sometimes close by. We are going to try and put a hurt on them soon...

Glad you still got some bucks. I think I lost a couple studs too. The buck I passed last rifle season is no where to be found which disappoints me but that's hunting.

Yep, that's hunting for sure. But those few times when they do show back up the next year makes it worth it!!!!!

Thanks guys. Even though I get cat pic frequently, this is only the third time I've ever had a daylight pic of one. I also found out today I have some yote shooting to do. I had one pic with three in it.
So are you gonna turn the old man loose on them? Lol

So are you gonna turn the old man loose on them? Lol

Phil, the yotes may be living hard, because he just had one of his rifles re-barreled with a new Hart Match Stainless, and I bought him a scope for Christmas to go on it. We are having a family get together next week to mount it and get him sighted in. The real Holy War for the yotes may just be beginning.

Phil, the yotes may be living hard, because he just had one of his rifles re-barreled with a new Hart Match Stainless, and I bought him a scope for Christmas to go on it. We are having a family get together next week to mount it and get him sighted in. The real Holy War for the yotes may just be beginning.
The old coyote killer himself!

Looks like the dogs might be in for a rough New Year !!

Looks like the same 10 point in 3 pictures and the same 8 in 2 so I am seeing 3 good bucks... Is this correct? Looking good!

Looks like the same 10 point in 3 pictures and the same 8 in 2 so I am seeing 3 good bucks... Is this correct? Looking good!

Yep, that is correct. There is also another nice young one I forgot to post the first time. I'm almost certain this one made it through season, but he wasn't on the last camera pull. This is him below:

And here is a better picture of the young 8 above. I think he is only 2.5. He came out during late ML at about the spot in the picture below:

What is the stuff growing next to that 8 point? Looks like really great cover!

At that spot its mostly Broomsage Bluestem and goldenrod, with some other native grasses mixed in. It does make good cover and stands up through the winter well. Without that shooting lane I can't see a deer down in it.

That's a dandy 8 in the pic from 12 /17 Native! If he gets thru to next year, he'll make a worthwhile challenge come fall. If he's 2.5, there's good genetics and good eats around your place! I hope he's there for you next season ( if seasons are over now for you ).

That's a dandy 8 in the pic from 12 /17 Native! If he gets thru to next year, he'll make a worthwhile challenge come fall. If he's 2.5, there's good genetics and good eats around your place! I hope he's there for you next season ( if seasons are over now for you ).

Thanks Bowsnbucks. We can see some good deer in this area if they can get age on them. 2013 was a great year on my place, but 2014 was down quite a bit. It will be interesting to see what 2015 brings. I sure am looking forward to it!!!!