What's for dinner?

I'd eat that...

good lookin crew you got there! 👍

I see some Octopus in there 👍
Darn right! Want to have some fun you set down some weird stuff in front of the kids before walking away. Octopus, crawdads, frog legs, fried pickles or jalapeños, etc. To be honest the octopus and imitation crab skewers kind of sucked, but they were fun.

Darn right! Want to have some fun you set down some weird stuff in front of the kids before walking away. Octopus, crawdads, frog legs, fried pickles or jalapeños, etc. To be honest the octopus and imitation crab skewers kind of sucked, but they were fun.
Considering your location, I'm totally shocked. ;)

Digging the Blackstone.

Chicken breast and asparagus

1c780138edae92f46f936c59111f004a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blackstone is great! But that looks way too healthy. ;)

that looks good and I don't like beef ribs.

There is not much better than a fresh slab of tomato from the garden with a little salt and pepper.

Enjoyed a meal of King Crab, Corn, Cole Slaw and Butter Garlic biscuits. This was the first time we tried this at home, and it made for a great meal for my wife and I to enjoy. No pictures, but we clearly destroyed several pounds of crab :-)

Since we are in the midwest, the crab was frozen, but still tasted great, and the rest of the meal was from our garden or from scratch.

Where did you get the crab? King is hard to come by these days

Where did you get the crab? King is hard to come by these days

Our freezer. My wife bought these back in March during our local grocery store’s SeaFood Celebration that accompanies the Lenton season. We had planned on eating them at the time, but her mother (followed by her father and three other close relatives) passed away, so she has been dividing her time between Missouri and Nothern Minnesota. Thus, we finally had a Sunday to sit down and enjoy the meal. I was surprised how good the crab came out having been in the freezer that long.

Last edited:
I picked up a couple piece of salmon at Costco. I cook them on a couple pieces of cedar 2x6 that I had leftover from a job a few years ago. I rinse them, and then pat them completely dry with paper towels. Then I like to brush them with syrup, pink Himalayan sea salt, pork producers seasoning and some brown sugar. Cook at 250 until they reach about 130 degrees and then I brush on some butter and lemon juice. At 140 degrees they are done. Best supper I've had this summer I think. It was fabulous.

IMG_6931.JPEGIMG_6936.JPEGIMG_6938.JPEG

Smoked a half pork loin with pecan wood tonight. Seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic and a little Montreal steak. Sliced it thin and made an Italian Beef au jus - pork loin right now is about the best priced meat you can find.
IMG_1637.jpegIMG_1638.jpegIMG_1639.jpegIMG_1640.jpeg