All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this?

B

BJE80

What caused this and will the apple tree be OK?

IMG_0472_zpswpzqwehf.jpg

IMG_0473_zpsv8zy22mb.jpg

To me it looks like where a branch was torn or broken off. I think the tree will be fine. I have hit mine with the front end loader and caused bigger wounds than that and the trees are doing fine

To me it looks like where a branch was torn or broken off. I think the tree will be fine. I have hit mine with the front end loader and caused bigger wounds than that and the trees are doing fine
I agree - it looks like it was damaged a year ago since it appears to be starting to heal already. It will likely be fine, I would just let it heal on its own since it appears to be that already.

Ok great guys thanks. I don't know what could of damaged it but it's water over the dam anyway.

Well I'll keep an eye on it and plan to leave it alone. I think it looks healthy as far as I can tell right now before green up.

I don't know if it's the same for most trees, but I've got an oak in my front yard that I cut unruly limbs from and then paint the cut spot w/ treekote and they heal over completely in a year to 1 1/2 years. By 3 years from time of cut, I can't see where the cut was, save for a slight change in the bark pattern. I don't know if apple trees heal the same or not.