What do you think of this property?

B

BJE80

This was a property I looked hard at 4 years ago when it was for sale. Instead I bought the 80 I have now. Looks like the new owners select cut it and relisted it. I think they were asking $170k 4 years ago. I'm not sure what it sold for. Part of me kicks myself for not buying this one instead even though it was more money. I paid $1437/acre ($115K) for my 80 and it will be cut as well here next year.

What do you like and what don't you like (based on the aerials and pictures)

http://www.whitetailproperties.com/...hunting-property-in-marathon-wisconsin-wausau

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked it up. They paid $149k for it.

I like the internal field (s). Gives them a place to nibble before heading to ag fields to south. Hopefully after dark.

Primarily west access, very park-like, and most likely have little ability to hinge since it is in MFL. Looks like the surrounding properties may be thicker and hold more deer. Not really impressed. $131,500 tops.

I am not familiar with WI land but I wouldnt be a buyer at that price, especially if the good timber has been cut. I wouldnt like the primarily west side access.

Primarily west access, very park-like, and most likely have little ability to hinge since it is in MFL. Looks like the surrounding properties may be thicker and hold more deer. Not really impressed. $131,500 tops.

Yeah I'm not sure how much you would be able to hinge cut being in MFL. I would hope it would thicken up since it was just logged. Not sure if it is cut enough to get sun light to the floor? The west access was one big thing that steered me to my propety with the east access. Love that our scent is almost always in our face as we enter the property. The back 40 looks thicker than the front "40". I also didn't like the house that they cut with 7 acres into this 80. Who knows how much noise they make?

I am not familiar with WI land but I wouldnt be a buyer at that price, especially if the good timber has been cut. I wouldnt like the primarily west side access.

I think the asking price is about right especially since it is listed by Whitetail Prop. It’s not high or low but just about the normal for a place like this in this area. IMO.

If we ever have to move to Wausau that's half price than around me, and not even an hour away. The old lady is interviewing for a cardiologist position at aspirus Wausau as we speak...I only buy land at low prices though.

If we ever have to move to Wausau that's half price than around me, and not even an hour away. The old lady is interviewing for a cardiologist position at aspirus Wausau as we speak...I only buy land at low prices though.

Let me know if you start looking and I can maybe look for some leads.

It is better just because of the east access, still very park-like, but I'm betting Mr. BJE is taking care of that.;)

It is better just because of the east access, still very park-like, but I'm betting Mr. BJE is taking care of that.;)

Yes but Mr. Logger will have the biggest impact. :)