Waterfowl

Youngest son had a really good shoot in the south zone this afternoon. He really has a passion for it that I like to see.

I might have to try one more time yet this year, he said there were a few big flocks of specs just out of range.

38A5E7FE-F6A9-4C13-AEF1-0BB7D43E9FAF.jpeg

I was up there this week and saw more geese than I have ever seen up there including specs.

^^^ Beautiful!

Darcy! Looking statuesque as ever. Nice hunt.

Great job!

Last edited:
I'm in the Faroe Islands now, and the place is crawling with eiders. It's not too difficult to get into shooting range either. Sure gives me an itchy trigger finger.
20230918_130946.jpg

Had a good first hunt with the mutt today. Kevin did well even though he has 0 experience at this. Wasn't intimidated by the birds, had some trouble at first figuring out how to pick them up but figured it out.
Got 5 between 2 of us. Should have limited out in no time, but bad shooting ruled the early morning!

Attachments

• PXL_20230923_133906211.jpg
    PXL_20230923_133906211.jpg
    919.6 KB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20230923_133912425.jpg
    PXL_20230923_133912425.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 26
Thats a good one

Well he's just the cutest thing ever

Darling! He's a real quackerjack!

Sorry. I had to dot it!

This just quacks me up!

Nice Cans and the blue phase snow is very cool looking.

Quite a few Specks at high level altitude heading south yesterday, I always enjoy hearing them overhead as that as a true indication that Fall is underway.

Nice trip.
Alway wanted to shoot a can.

Finally got some ducks. Up until now, I had only seen 4 ducks on public land with none in range. Has been really slow unless I wanted to shoot geese which I have minimal desire for unless I already have ducks to clean.

Picked up a couple more public land ducks. Should have gotten a limit, but I wasn't holding my mouth right... Passed on way too many geese since I only took 1/2 day off and didn't have time to deal with them.