Wassup peeps?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would. I have met Thayer personally and he is a good dude that did a great job running the gateway QDMA branch. Would have been a great guy to have around here as he is a passionate hunter and land manager. Gotta have thick skin to hang with you boys though haha. I get sick of hearing about the Min DNR stuff too but came to realize I dont know enough about your struggles to formulate an opinion in the matter therefore choose to look past it . I wish you guys well but hope you dont run off every newbie after his first post lol! Gotta be quick to forgive boys.
Let the past be the past

'Ya Know......some issues run pretty long and deep......and may be beyond your ability to comprehend....because you either don't know, or were not there. This split is a looong time in the making. It didn't just happen on a whim.....and some of the folks here (or there?) have a vastly different view on how to run a "deer program". Sometimes life aint fair and we can't all be friends. Schmidt happens. Sometimes you need to sit on the sidelines and watch it happen....that's all I'm saying here Jordan. You just don't know...what you don't know. Comprende?

I would. I have met Thayer personally and he is a good dude that did a great job running the gateway QDMA branch. Would have been a great guy to have around here as he is a passionate hunter and land manager. Gotta have thick skin to hang with you boys though haha. I get sick of hearing about the Min DNR stuff too but came to realize I dont know enough about your struggles to formulate an opinion in the matter therefore choose to look past it . I wish you guys well but hope you dont run off every newbie after his first post lol! Gotta be quick to forgive boys.
Let the past be the past
This^^^would have been good advice and a prudent choice for thayer as well Jordan. Given he is from the Mo Ozark region, I'm sure he has about as much personal knowledge of the situation as you do. It would have been more likely for him to be accepted here, given his previous history with many members of this group, had he taken the Jordan Selsor path of enlightenment instead of the route that he chose. I really was interested in hearing more about his property. It looks like he has a very unique property layout and terrain to work with and I am sure being in MO he has some dandy bucks running around as well. Just not a good way to start off, given the prior history, as I said before.

Here's the deal.

John is away. I'm the guy who knows
Squat about habitat.

I'm the guy who logs on and kills post by "I'm the new girl". Or "I'm glad I found this place".

Basically I'm the anti India or China spam guy.

But in a vacuum I will just lock down a thread.

And if I do. Don't get to mad. But for God sakes don't start another until the authorities return.

I've read the reported posts but won't take a side.

Do me a favor. Argue next week.

Oh and I'm about to just start pushing buttons.

You don't want me to just push buttons :o

And by the way.

If I push the wrong button. John won't fire me. Cause I work for free. :).

Here's the deal.

John is away. I'm the guy who knows
Squat about habitat.

I'm the guy who logs on and kills post by "I'm the new girl". Or "I'm glad I found this place".

Basically I'm the anti India or China spam guy.

But in a vacuum I will just lock down a thread.

And if I do. Don't get to mad. But for God sakes don't start another until the authorities return.

I've read the reported posts but won't take a side.

Do me a favor. Argue next week.

Oh and I'm about to just start pushing buttons.

You don't want me to just push buttons :eek:

reported

And by the way.

If I push the wrong button. John won't fire me. Cause I work for free. :).
Thanks for your help Oswald. You've shown pretty good restraint by not locking down this thread yet.

I would like to say thanks as well Oswald. Moderating a forum is a thankless job even when you are being paid, to do it on a forum like this for free is bordering on insane!

A big thanks to Oswald, for keeping the trash out. Many of you may not realize how many spammers show up here. Working the hours I do they are thick at night.

'Ya Know......some issues run pretty long and deep......and may be beyond your ability to comprehend....because you either don't know, or were not there. This split is a looong time in the making. It didn't just happen on a whim.....and some of the folks here (or there?) have a vastly different view on how to run a "deer program". Sometimes life aint fair and we can't all be friends. Schmidt happens. Sometimes you need to sit on the sidelines and watch it happen....that's all I'm saying here Jordan. You just don't know...what you don't know. Comprende?

I know life's to short for hatred and grudges over deer herd Managment opinions. That I fully comprehend

You are correct, Bows. but on a local front, nearly every family in our communities has a hunter. Most families have several hunters.
The state high school shooting clay teams and tournament has also added greatly to our numbers. I am not sure exactly where the numbers are, but shooting clays is our fastest growing high school sport. We are well over 200 participating schools in the state and most schools have junior and senior level teams. Are there any of those in Pa?
We have lots of shooting sports high school teams all over the state....from National Archery in the Schools Program to Rifle teams. The local high school here in my area has a tremendous shooting sports program and has several world champions to it's credit. Most likely when you get down to the more population dense areas of SE and SW PA those programs get fewer and farther between.

Mr Thayer

After so many good byes followed by returns, I expect you are still following this thread. I have questions but first let me clarify

1. I am not from MN
2. I have not been banned from any deer hunting forum
3. I still belong to the QDMA
4. I've only been to MN once in my life. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express for two nights while I was there.

What is the QDMA currently doing to fix/improve the MN deer situation?

I thought the QDMA was hesitant to get involved in politics. Based on some of your statements in this thread, it appears they will. Or at least they would have if those darn blowhards would have stayed out of the way. Government is nothing but politics. If QDMA talks to the government they are involved in politics. Or are they?

We have lots of shooting sports high school teams all over the state....from National Archery in the Schools Program to Rifle teams. The local high school here in my area has a tremendous shooting sports program and has several world champions to it's credit. Most likely when you get down to the more population dense areas of SE and SW PA those programs get fewer and farther between.

Boy I wish they had that when I was in high school!!! I prolly would have liked school then!

Thanks for keeping things under control as much as possible Oswald.

I was on vacation for a week, heard about the scuffle while I was gone (but had no way to log on).

After I got back, I'm not going to lie. I started reading the beginning of this discussion and got sick of reading quickly. I literally didn't log on here for a week.

I'm not taking sides and I'm not even rendering an opinion.

This thread is now locked, please don't start another one.

Have a nice day.

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.