Uncatagorized.....things we see....

Way back in the days of real tree vhs tapes, they took a buck in Canada that was well into the 300’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lisa Lefort buck! I'll have to dig out that old vhs. The way I'm recalling she probably would've made a good penpal back in the day.

Lisa Lefort buck! I'll have to dig out that old vhs. The way I'm recalling she probably would've made a good penpal back in the day.

Looked like a damn steer in the hero shot. I’ll never forget that.

Looked like a damn steer in the hero shot. I’ll never forget that.

Yeah it was a beast. Apparently there isn't a pic on the webs. Searches not turning up anything to look at.

Probably a bit on the high side for meat estimation wonder if this was bone in processing based on lamb or goat yields.

I remember killing what I thought was a big buck on opening day of KY rifle season, probably around 1997ish. My buddy then shot 10 min later. I remember loading my "big" buck and then helping him. I have never seen a buck with a bigger, fatter body. The two of us were in our prime, late 20s, and like to never got it in the back of my truck. I will always regret not weighing that deer. It's the only deer I have ever seen that had marbling in it's back straps, looked like beef steak.

My buddy that killed it said he'd read of some condition or disease that causes them to get "fat," years later. This deer definitely was. His rack was a twisted up gnarly rack that I figured was on a very old buck

suspenders.jpeg

Times are changing? Been putting on some weight the past few years and having trouble keeping my pants up when working at my land. Today as I was getting dressed......I had a pair of pants that did not fit very well.....and then I spotted my suspenders that I wear for deer hunting the past two years. I like them for hunting as I can wear some loose fitting clothing and still sit in comfort. Today.....I put them on my jeans.....as I had lots of lifting and climbing to do when taking in my game cameras and collecting my heaters and gear from the box blinds.

Often have heard that "real" loggers wear suspenders so they dont have to fool with their pants all day when constantly bending over and standing up. That was sure the case for me. Even with these poor fitting pants.....I never gave them another thought today. May have to adopt this practice......or lose some pounds. Grin.

View attachment 60505

Times are changing? Been putting on some weight the past few years and having trouble keeping my pants up when working at my land. Today as I was getting dressed......I had a pair of pants that did not fit very well.....and then I spotted my suspenders that I wear for deer hunting the past two years. I like them for hunting as I can wear some loose fitting clothing and still sit in comfort. Today.....I put them on my jeans.....as I had lots of lifting and climbing to do when taking in my game cameras and collecting my heaters and gear from the box blinds.

Often have heard that "real" loggers wear suspenders so they dont have to fool with their pants all day when constantly bending over and standing up. That was sure the case for me. Even with these poor fitting pants.....I never gave them another thought today. May have to adopt this practice......or lose some pounds. Grin.
I bought a pair of bib overalls here a couple months ago for a Halloween costume I’m not sure I couldn’t get used to wearing them all the time for the same reasons.

You just can't make this stuff up...........

Michelle-Wu-holiday-party.jpg

I read where she accidentally sent the invite to white people, then backed up and told the white ppl it was a mistake and they weren't invited!
Can u imagine the backlash if a white person made a white party....also notice the pronouns next to her name (she/her/hers) OMG, what is this world coming to?

Had a good breakfast at the Haymaker Restaurant in OZ. They had a sign over the bar......that used to be on my signature line. Had to snap a pic.tempImageuQo4J0.jpg

david bradley.jpeg

THE DAVID BRADLEY HISTORY:
In 1910, the Bradley family sold the factory to Sears, Roebuck and Co., at which time it was renamed the David Bradley Manufacturing Works. The name was subsequently changed to David Bradley Manufacturing Company and in 1958 the company introduced the Garden Riding Tractor and David Bradley became the largest manufacturer of garden riding tractors in the world.

^ Just saw this posted on Facebook. IMMEDIATELY thought of SD. I can remember selling a few of these in the 50's. You could do allot of work with these on some pretty rough ground. Not sure any of these still exist? Nice for mowing and running a tiller.

Just looked on Facebook Marketplace.....and there is still quite a bit of this old iron being traded there. They really had a small scale solution for every farm need. Here is their lime and fertilizer spreader. The sickle-bar mower they had would be a good choice to be adapted to fit the front of a Wheeler. (seriously)

david bradley lime spreader.jpeg

View attachment 61467

THE DAVID BRADLEY HISTORY:
In 1910, the Bradley family sold the factory to Sears, Roebuck and Co., at which time it was renamed the David Bradley Manufacturing Works. The name was subsequently changed to David Bradley Manufacturing Company and in 1958 the company introduced the Garden Riding Tractor and David Bradley became the largest manufacturer of garden riding tractors in the world.

^ Just saw this posted on Facebook. IMMEDIATELY thought of SD. I can remember selling a few of these in the 50's. You could do allot of work with these on some pretty rough ground. Not sure any of these still exist? Nice for mowing and running a tiller.
I've been so close to snatching one of those up soooo many times! They are cool!

I've been so close to snatching one of those up soooo many times! They are cool!
Yeah...they are cool.....and there is some collector interest in them. The trouble is.....they were powered by old briggs engines and pulley's and belts. I think they are a pretty high maintenance machine compared to other things in these times. My dad's implement biz sold lots of Lawn Mowers (early Snapper mowers) and took lots of stuff like this in trade. I can remember there was pretty good demand for these to be used for larger gardens. They did allot of cultivating back then.....and I think some plowing, snow pushing, mowing and I beleive some tilling too?

Interesting read I do imagine the likelihood of wolf attacks will increase with greater numbers.
They gotta eat......and when the typical prey is depleted.....???

New Coffee House near my place in OZ. BIKINI BEANS DRIVE THRU COFFEE. All the employee's are women dressed in tiny Bikini's. Most have lots of tat's.

Was with my wife when I snapped the pic.....and the girls were all inside at the moment.....but they come outside to 'advertise too.

We were talking about this business plan. 1. 20% of the population are not coffee drinking age. 2. Of the remaining 80%.....we would guess that 1/2 of them will not spend the price of a garment coffee shop. 3. Of the remaining 40%......40% of them are women who may not think this is becoming to them. So.....this business model is depending on 25% of the population to spend money at their establishment. Dunno.

They have two drive thru lanes and a couple of walk-up windows. Time will tell. (I could not get a better pic.....but may have to go back for you boys....lol)
tempImagerif82q.jpg