Turnips for dinner?

I think the turnips have a peppery taste but the radishes were very mild and clean tasting if I remember right.

Someone told me tillage radishes have some kick to them????
I tried one and would agree. Maybe when young would be OK.

Nearly all veggies taste better when routed thru a deer first. Maybe this is not true for crab apples!

You old guys obviously can't handle the heat. I like them with some habanero sauce to spice them up;)

You old guys obviously can't handle the heat. I like them with some habanero sauce to spice them up;)
I got to agree. My stomach cannot handle it. I had my lifetime quota of coffee and had to quit.

All my life we always ate turnips cubed and boiled, my aunt always added sugar to sweeten them. Never tried them mashed. They kinda stink and that's not my favorite way. Sliced and fried in bacon grease is much better.

On the way to a hunting stand I'll pull up a couple, peel off the tough outer lay, and snack. They're pretty good raw. I believe it helps mask the scent of my breath.

Here in Southern Illinois we won't even plant turnips for another month or more. I guess its different up north.

Take some of those tillage radish....clean....and slice them thin. Butter two sliced of wheat bread and pile on some of that radish. Great sandwich!