Trump Assassination attempt #1 and #2

If they are allowed to take away "assault weapons" I guarantee it won't stop there. To think anything else is ignorant.
Give up my guns to the side that wanted to put me in a concentration camp for not taking the thing of which we no longer speak? Or the side that drops bus loads of cannibals and rapists into otherwise peaceful midwestern communities? Call me crazy, but I don't think they want us around anymore. So hard no on the self disarming.

Yrs ago my friend was ranting about people bitching about the President. She told them all to vote if they want the right to bitch. I told her to be careful what she wished for...

Division is very strong. I believe it comes from sitting behind a keyboard and never learning how to disagree with someone face to face. It's a tough thing to do tactfully, and a skill that must be learned and practiced. Behind a keyboard you are allowed to go to far.

The Left is FAR more violent and unforgiving than the Right.

Telemark, I think we agree more than we disagree. My post was kind of in response to all the “they” want him dead nonsense. I don’t know who else “they” could be.
Did any of those incidents plunge the country into an unrecoverable decline?
Different times. We are currently in a place where people are borderline nuts from social media and the purposely inflammatory memes and misinformation pushed by bad actors who have wormed their way into our heads.
The people with the money and power to pull off something like this
There was no money or power behind this guy. Even suggesting that is part of the problem.
It really only hurts Harris and Walz
The down the ticket candidates would be hurt too. Control of the house and senate are important.
Countries like China and Iran
China absolutely would not do this. They are tactical, logical and only act in their own interest. They like stability and their economy depends on ours. They can work through dealing with a Trump presidency but killing him has way too many possible downsides. Iran on the other hand would love to kill him and several of his former cabinet members. They are a possibility for a future attempt. I do think the Russians may be offering them a nuclear deal- that might temper this- they don’t care what anyone else wants but I would think Russia would make not killing Trump would be a condition of that deal.
possibly the CIA/FBI
Incredibly improbable. I detest even the suggestion. Falls under the category of Americans taking up arms against Americans. That won’t do.
Which assassination in US history was carried out by a well trained agent?
I’m guessing almost all are lone nutbags with varying skill levels and ability to put some kind of plan into action. If this last guy was a deer hunter not a nut who pranced around trying to get someone to take him seriously I’m guessing he would have been a lot more effective. And if we are going to pretend that someone that fits in the “power and money” category “set him into motion” and we conveniently believe Hollywood assassination movies this time, why is he still alive? No loose ends and all that.

I don’t buy any of it.

These threads all devolve to the next conspiracy theory. I can’t keep up with whatever explanations Alex Jones and his ilk spend all day and all night churning out to queer the truth. If you bet that the simplest explanation is they most likely, you’ll be mostly right most of the time. To me that is a nutbag stoked by the bs coming out of his phone. Which is kinda what I think you were saying!

Last edited:
Division is very strong. I believe it comes from sitting behind a keyboard and never learning how to disagree with someone face to face. It's a tough thing to do tactfully, and a skill that must be learned and practiced. Behind a keyboard you are allowed to go to far.
This right here!!!!!!!!!!! This one thing is what’s causing the chaos.

We don't need no damn war. You willing to send your family members into a war and die for this stupid shit? I'm not.

What we needs is people to get their heads out of their asses and figure this out. Both sides are guilty of shaking the hornets nest with memes and lies. That's what needs to stop. Too many stupid people that believe that crap.

I know there's some business owners and past owners on this sight. If you paid your employees $174,000 a year and they couldn't share ideas, work together and help each other reach a common goal what would you do with them? I know for a fact I'd shitcan them. Why would we expect anything less from our employees in Washington? There should be a way to fire them without holding an election. We have a speaker of the house that's willing to shut the government down for an amendment, that can't go into effect until after the election, to a spending bill. All while he and his comrades still get to collect their paycheck. That's just plain stupid shit.

Stupid shit? Are you serious? Fire them? You/we aren’t in charge to fire anyone. They out number us and it is going to keep getting worse.

There isn’t enough time, money, or personnel to be able to round up all the illegals and worthless politicians. You can say what you want but this is a problem that can’t be effectively solved in any other way except for “taking them out”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like it or not, the division in this country is driven almost exclusively by the left. So weather they had a direct involvement by funding/planning or indirect involvement through the rhetoric and lies they spew is not important. What's important is acknowledging that they had a hand in it, both times.

China absolutely would not do this. They are tactical, logical and only act in their own interest. They like stability and their economy depends on ours. They can work through dealing with a Trump presidency but killing him has way too many possible downsides.

That could not be farther from the truth. It may have been true 20 years ago, maybe even 15, but these days China is a whole different animal. Remember the spy balloons? How's that for tactical and logical? The truth is, we have precious little insight into the mind of Xi Jinping, and there are so many other people in the regime who have probably less insight into the mind of Xi who act out fanatically because they think that's what he wants.

Incredibly improbable. I detest even the suggestion. Falls under the category of Americans taking up arms against Americans. That won’t do.

I hate to break it to you, but the two guys who shot at Trump were Americans. Americans have constantly taken up arms against other Americans. The Civil War is the most egregious example. Most Americans who have been murdered have been murdered by other Americans. The idea that any country, or even large group of people, could be immune from this phenomenon is preposterous. I don't know how you could ever possibly believe that an American could never kill another American. It happens all the time.

Certainly don't want a civil war but it's looking like it's just a matter of time before it happens the way the country is divided right now and it's not getting any better. Government is out of control and the only thing that will stop them is the people doing what needs to be done in my opinion. Good leadership could calm things down and get us going in the right direction again but we don't have much leadership at all currently.

The US is going through a political shakeup. The world is changing, the country is changing, and the political parties will have to change to reflect that. We coasted on 25 years of globalization after the Cold War ended, and that is coming to an end. George H.W. Bush tried to have a conversation with the country about the kind of world we wanted to have after the fall of the Soviet Union, but he got voted out for it. Americans aren't very good at looking forward when it comes to politics, and that is probably more true now than it was back then. Not only that, but the future is very hard to predict because the economic and geopolitical conditions of the world today are so unprecedented and unexpected that no one seems to even have a coherent theory on what to do next. I truly doubt it will result in civil war. Trump is probably the right candidate to get us on a path toward growth and stability. And he's definitely a beacon for the old Republican party during their reshuffling.

I hate to break it to you, but the two guys who shot at Trump were Americans. Americans have constantly taken up arms against other Americans. The Civil War is the most egregious example. Most Americans who have been murdered have been murdered by other Americans. The idea that any country, or even large group of people, could be immune from this phenomenon is preposterous. I don't know how you could ever possibly believe that an American could never kill another American. It happens all the time.
Come on. You know what this phrase means. You are smarter than that.

Come on. You know what this phrase means. You are smarter than that.

It seems that in the context you are using that phrase, I don't actually know what you mean.

That could not be farther from the truth. It may have been true 20 years ago, maybe even 15, but these days China is a whole different animal. Remember the spy balloons? How's that for tactical and logical? The truth is, we have precious little insight into the mind of Xi Jinping, and there are so many other people in the regime who have probably less insight into the mind of Xi who act out fanatically because they think that's what he wants.
One of the painfully boring podcasts I love is "Intelligence Matters Relaunch". He regularly has China experts on and one of the last few was an analyst that was an expert on creating profiles on world leaders. We certainly don't know as much about him as we would like. What we do know is because of the CIA.

Intelligence collection (the baloons) and killing leaders are kinda not in the same ballpark. And when I say they like stability, that doesn't mean that I think Xi won't try to forcefully take Taiwan. If he sees us hand over Ukraine to the Russians, I think that speeds up Xi's timeline. But what do I know.

I'm out. Can't fight Fox News. Little bigger voice than this backwards ass midwest hillbilly.

It seems that in the context you are using that phrase, I don't actually know what you mean.
I'm not here to argue and I won't do it.

I'm planting a couple nice switchgrass stands next spring.

I think there is more true evil and rot in the Democrat party and in their media lapdogs than any of us can fathom.

They hate us more than they love themselves and have no faith in a higher power judging them. This means nothing is off the table in their fight against us.

Be prepared.

Today’s PDB had a really nice summary of the investigation of the July attempt. Josh Hawley did an anonymous survey of Secret Service to help figure out what went wrong. I think that was a really good idea. Much more info in the podcast.

Not sure if this is a good place to post this, and it is from FB, but it is scary what Kamala says she will do if elected. Remember their plan is to add more Supreme Court judges, then they can do anything to our 2nd amendment. Really hope everybody gets out and votes.

They can’t do it. 4th amendment prevents it 1000%, non negotiable. This is one thing you don’t have to worry about.

^^ Most of them want to revoke the constitution. 1000% isn't a real thing. Harvard teachers say 2+2 doesn't always equal 4. You're not dealing with normal thinking people any longer.