Treestand fall

buckdeer1

5 year old buck +
We may become a little lax with hunting season being over but treestand maintenance is happening everywhere.Today I received a call from adjoining landowner that was working stands.He had fallen and said he thought he broke his back.I was able to get my fire and rescue guys to him over the phone since I knew pretty well where he was.So far 1 broken verabrea

We may become a little lax with hunting season being over but treestand maintenance is happening everywhere.Today I received a call from adjoining landowner that was working stands.He had fallen and said he thought he broke his back.I was able to get my fire and rescue guys to him over the phone since I knew pretty well where he was.So far 1 broken verabrea

He's lucky he had someone like you to call. You can never be too safe climbing trees. I wouldn't dare try climbing this time of year around here. Everything is full of snow and ice. But your point is well taken.

-John

^^^^ You guys are right. Safety always & best not to work alone.

I saddle hunt and live that I am always firmly secured to the tree from ground to top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tap
I saddle hunt and live that I am always firmly secured to the tree from ground to top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2 on saddles.

Also remember to use linemans belt when working.There is a method using the 2 ropes that usually come with ladder stands to tie them to tree while going up to put on strap