tree spades

buckdeer1

5 year old buck +
wondering if a nyone has one?I did find a vermeer TS 20 but afraid a 20 inch is too small even for small saplings.I have been looking at the BC brand and the Quality manufacturing brand one is a 32 and the other a 30 both run around 3300.00 ready to go.

Always wanted one but never did pull the trigger. I agree 30 inches would be better. If I had one I’d be moving small cedars all over my farm. :)

You get alot faster growth because you don't stress the tree near as bad.I have a couple hundred 4ft oaks in tree tubes that need to be moved and alot of little cedars

wondering if a nyone has one?I did find a vermeer TS 20 but afraid a 20 inch is too small even for small saplings.I have been looking at the BC brand and the Quality manufacturing brand one is a 32 and the other a 30 both run around 3300.00 ready to go.

Why don't you describe the nail before choosing the hammer.

What are you planting?

Why don't you describe the nail before choosing the hammer.

What are you planting?

Good question but it would be mute on me. If I had a tree spade I’d be yanking crap from all over and moving it. Probably get 60% mortality but I’d still be doing it just because i had a spade. :emoji_grin:

mostly 4ft oaks and cedars,I have a friend that if he has time give me a good deal but like last year I didn't get to use him but moving cedars up to 8ft and 4 inch fruit trees I don't think we have lost one.His spade is a 40 I believe and I got a guy that was between jobs because of the rain come in and moved some large oaks that had been planted 10 years ago,8000 lb root balls.I think 1 may not have made it.We pack the root balls down and water really good and keep watered the first year.

mostly 4ft oaks and cedars,I have a friend that if he has time give me a good deal but like last year I didn't get to use him but moving cedars up to 8ft and 4 inch fruit trees I don't think we have lost one.His spade is a 40 I believe and I got a guy that was between jobs because of the rain come in and moved some large oaks that had been planted 10 years ago,8000 lb root balls.I think 1 may not have made it.We pack the root balls down and water really good and keep watered the first year.

Those are much large than I have ever planted. I have a hand held earthquake auger with a 6" head and 9" auger that is PTO driven for my tractor. Have planted up to 4 yr transplants.

Any issues with the oaks an their survival rate?

I'm in the market for a spade bucket... similar to a stump bucket but round.. have to switch my front end loader to a universal skid steer mount and then I'll be able to transplant a lot of young trees

I looked at those and my concern was not keeping a dirt ball and you have to be able to replace in bigger hole.Theres a site called any attachments .com or something like that and they offer a bunch,in fact I bought one and sent it back as it looked to flexible and I would have gone with one with the teeth instead of the one that was smooth with sharp edge