Trailcam pics

Tines sure do grow quick!

250df689a4879d71f7cb41fddb8026a2.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you look closely you can see the head of a second bear in center screen. I've had these two frequenting my property a lot this summer, including once walking around my front porch, and another time on a close encounter when hiking up the logging road to work on a food plot. This is a screenshot of a video. The next video caught the bear in focus stand up, walk over the knoll and get into a little wrestling match with the one walking up.

image0.jpeg

I've only been to the farm a couple of times this summer and have seen this buck every time in person. Hopefully he stays a homebody this fall too.

Attachments

• 13 (3).jpeg
    13 (3).jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 20
Hmmm… Think he’s 5? I’m betting 4. Would be a tough ask for dad to pass him if he sticks around…
5d88a4d9423c3b09b030367ce21e09c3.jpeg

153e82538035dd976d150ef1069b919d.jpeg

Last edited:
^^^ got a last year pic?

^^^ got a last year pic?

I think it’s the same buck as my land tour thread post 178.

Whether he is 4 or 5 wouldn't make a difference in my book, but that's my opinion. Bases are done growing, but looks like he is still got a little more tine length to come.

Whether he is 4 or 5 wouldn't make a difference in my book, but that's my opinion. Bases are done growing, but looks like he is still got a little more tine length to come.

Yeah, we aren’t going to get too hung up on age. We like to shoot the ones we want. I did convince dad to pass him last year and it’s looking like a good idea. He’ll look a lot different when the velvet sheds, but he should look good!

I've only been to the farm a couple of times this summer and have seen this buck every time in person. Hopefully he stays a homebody this fall too.
Get him in September. He will travel.....

This is a nice buck my son found both sides to this spring. There’s a little video of him picking them up in the “As They Lay” thread. Very narrow, but otherwise a very nice young deer.
Edit: I do believe the buck behind him is one I posted last year as well. Had a severe overbite. Doesn’t seem to have affected him at all!
e846d41766b90185b4897af6fbd89b7f.jpeg