Trailcam pics

I passed this guy last year during muzzleloader season. We thought he was at most 3.5 then. I will put together all of my footage of him at some point to make a video. His core range was right over one of our farms and that seems to be the case again this year. Crop rotations and some new neighbors might change all of that though.

1722396185268.png

Another clip of him: https://giphy.com/gifs/4VvnUosMQzkLyVjM4w

Interestingly enough, he was shot through the neck at some point. You can see the wounds in earlier pics and vids from this season. I am assuming it happened after the muzzleloader season, or possibly the year prior. It doesn't seem to have affected his antler growth or overall health.

You can see the entry or exit here: https://giphy.com/gifs/HVxO58yAr39nHBhCzS
The other side here: https://giphy.com/gifs/GxhCuIuv688k3wIM87

Giphy obviously lowers the quality to make a GIF. If one of us gets this buck I will put together a video with higher resolution videos. Fingers are crossed we can see him as much again this year.

T, I don't know if that bucks daddy can be alive.Thats a great buck

I just don't get how they swallow them whole but the next few pictures it didn't look easy

Attachments

• pearbuck.jpg
    pearbuck.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 28
4020C643-E76D-4858-BB28-84E593136E23.jpeg

After a few weeks without any pics.....two bears showed up today.

Got two pics of this guy. I'd like to beleive it's not a cougar....but what else can it be? I think it's too big to be a feral cat.

cat.jpeg cat.jpeg

Got two pics of this guy. I'd like to beleive it's not a cougar....but what else can it be? I think it's too big to be a feral cat.

View attachment 67187 View attachment 67187
Feral cat is my vote. Tail looks different from lion. It gets narrower towards the end.

I think it’s just a house cat also really tough to get a feeling for its size in those photos but seems way small for a lion.

I vote Ditch Cougar (feral cat).

"I see you".

peek.JPG

9E46DE28-1DE8-4229-9746-1406DBCC3A94.jpeg641A64F6-DBC1-4EBA-BAB6-178D6B3F5435.jpeg

The trouble with Cuddeback "thumbnails" is that you often dont know the quality of buck your looking at. I think I need to pull this chip for a better look-see. Age / score? What say you?

View attachment 67250View attachment 67251

The trouble with Cuddeback "thumbnails" is that you often dont know the quality of buck your looking at. I think I need to pull this chip for a better look-see. Age / score? What say you?
Age is so hard regardless of time of year, but its difficulty is compounded in the summer. That deer could be 3.5-5.5 easily. He’s very pretty. 135? Regardless I’d say your hard work is paying off.

Foggy - That's a really good buck. In your area, I would guess that's a 4.5 year old at least and I bet he goes right around 140". It might be time to buy a crossbow and see if you can cross paths with him.

Foggy - That's a really good buck. In your area, I would guess that's a 4.5 year old at least and I bet he goes right around 140". It might be time to buy a crossbow and see if you can cross paths with him.
I do own a crossbow.....but I spend October in AZ and come back for rifle season. Some of my family would like to give this guy another year.....but if my neighbors get a chance....he will be on their meat pole. Managing a deer herd around here is near impossible.

I do own a crossbow.....but I spend October in AZ and come back for rifle season. Some of my family would like to give this guy another year.....but if my neighbors get a chance....he will be on their meat pole. Managing a deer herd around here is near impossible.
If you are around in September maybe you could get a crack at him then. I think 99.9% of Minnesota hunters would shoot that buck without a second thought. I could see passing it up if there are bigger/older bucks around though.

Foggy, that's the biggest deer I can recall you ever posting a picture of off of your land. Your family is crazy if that deer walks by them and they don't shoot it. This is based on the struggles that your property has seen during the rifle season the past few years (if i recall correctly that is).

Foggy, that's the biggest deer I can recall you ever posting a picture of off of your land. Your family is crazy if that deer walks by them and they don't shoot it. This is based on the struggles that your property has seen during the rifle season the past few years (if i recall correctly that is).
Yeah.....we've had a few in this category over the years......but you may be able to count them with the fingers on one hand. If he comes by me.....I'm shooting. One of my son-in-laws has unreasonable expectations for this part of MN.....and he only wants 150" bucks or better. He says your never gonna get 150's if you shoot the 130's. He has a point.....but too many others here will shoot those deer. He may pass and shoot a forky instead. He has two 150's + on the wall from WI and from southern MN.