The Sandbox

^^^ Crawling out of bed very early to go fishing feels a little different than doing it to go to work, I'll bet !! :emoji_relaxed:

It sure does. I have been fishing 3-4 times per week.
Fish on the grill is on the menu for tomorrow.

How many years until you retire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 yrs. - officially. Semi now. I do lighter, less rapid-paced electrical jobs now. My days of "bull-work" are over !!!

This old doe must have a fawn hidden in the reed canary in front of our house.
5c8146c66dc03e6beb2056daa2b39688.jpg

The wet spring has my wife’s flowers looking great.
5dfb29e939df4a222a2885aef86e2724.jpg

53222a2f76d91f8e122e3e4a31db3559.jpg

This is the set up for this year for the stand by my house.
0a5b2f32e587e45c2d6dea401ad0c352.jpg

The right shooting lane will have some rye and oats in it...2:1 or so. There is no carryover as I planted a bit of rye to test it.

The picture is about ten days old, but the corn went in late. It will be cover, but maybe no ripe corn.

I broadcasted some old turnip, rutabaga, and radish seed in the circled area. My neighbor got stuck there while hauling manure this spring.
6fb9eb96fe5078406c11e5f0bf18f42b.jpg

The arrow points to a deer trail or some call them sidewalks they the year old corn.

The side window of the stand has this view. The circled area is so full of volunteer corn that it will never amount to anything.

Single arrows point to strings of apple trees. Double marked arrow points to a pond behind the apple trees. There is a row of spruce between the apple trees and the pond.
4b8e4dd07483624790d980ca7fa540e3.jpg

Last spring I moved a stand to a hot funnel, made an access trail, and clipped two shooting lanes.
c58b3bbda68a99fc19011e44c0dbcc8e.jpg

Nature didn’t cooperate.

Oh well, the funnel is now tighter with the downed balsam. I might just take a stool and sit by the balsam.

That's no good, a couple years ago I had to move a stand that was in an Ash tree that died because of EAB, nature has its own ways.

Last spring I moved a stand to a hot funnel, made an access trail, and clipped two shooting lanes.

Nature didn’t cooperate.

Oh well, the funnel is now tighter with the downed balsam. I might just take a stool and sit by the balsam.

That’s tough. At first glance the stand looks okay at least. I had a big pine come down last year in the wind. Hate to see that.

I had a small cottonwood do that same thing a few years ago. Glad I wasn’t in it!!

Nature didn’t cooperate.

That’s tough. At first glance the stand looks okay at least. I had a big pine come down last year in the wind. Hate to see that.

The stand is twisted and I won’t use it again.
In the spring, I will drag it out of the woods.

Bummer! Yep, I have that all the time with the dang Boxelders. Might be good for parts!

Bummer! Yep, I have that all the time with the dang Boxelders. Might be good for parts!

I salvaged two sections of the ladder and prepared another tree for a hang on stand that will be better with the tighter funnel.

I will only hang the stand when I am going to use it. At least trespassers won’t be using the stand like they might have done with the ladder stand.

I am trying to look at the bright side.

I got this picture from my neighbor.

I am going to call the area manager and tell him we need more deer. These pups are too skinny.
dc13569bbc7d69a6eb256b5e59ec12b3.jpg