The move I should have done long time ago!!!

huntall

5 year old buck +
Well I have lived in the city all my life, but out in the countryside is where my heart always have been. I grew up probably every other weekend and all summer long in the country at my grandparents place that I now own, but this land is not near enough to live on.

I have had the thinking of living in city because land near me cost so much that if I got enough money to buy land that I could get lot more acres for my money by my weekend property which is 90 acres.

Well I have a really nice house in city and my wife and I have decided to step down a notch on the house at a new property and try to find place to include a pond and barn with 7-10 acres . I have 3 boys age 15,12, and 6. They are eat up with anything outdoors from fishing to hunting, hiking to wanting some chickens and such.

We are still going to try to find about same size house, but one a lot older like one in good shape, but maybe just need little fixing up. Pond or pond site is a must. We not going to go too far but we going to get out town. We are excited and we are going to start looking right after winter.

Good luck on the search, I lived in in a city for a year and a half in my twenties and it about killed me. We currently live 6mi out of town and sometimes that seems to close.

It's awesome that my wife is the one that came to me wanting to move after always seeing my kids so happy at our weekend place.
My wife grew up on a 500 acre farm with cattle so she's also ready to make the change. She didn't have to say much to convince me.lol

Sounds like you are ready to get the hell out of dodge!

Get pre-qualified for a mortgage before looking at homes. That way if you find the one you like, you are ready to jump on it. May help the seller to take your offer when they know you are serious and ready to sign. Good Luck and let us know what you get bought!

Sounds like you are ready to get the hell out of dodge!

Get pre-qualified for a mortgage before looking at homes. That way if you find the one you like, you are ready to jump on it. May help the seller to take your offer when they know you are serious and ready to sign. Good Luck and let us know what you get bought!
Lol....tired of being too dam çlose to neighbors and all that comes with it.
And thanks for the advice!

Good luck in your search.

Well...I found 12 and a half acres with bid pond and a house and couple small tractor shed.
I took off work today to paint and get my house ready for sale...hopefully I'll have it ready by monday.

Awesome! Post up some pics when you get the chance. I still have 2 years and a couple months at my current residence, but am counting the days. I dread coming back to my current house every day, it has never felt like a home and I have lived here almost 17 years now!:eek:

Well...I found 12 and a half acres with bid pond and a house and couple small tractor shed.
I took off work today to paint and get my house ready for sale...hopefully I'll have it ready by monday.
That's pretty good if you can get your house ready for sale in a week. It would take me 2 years! Too many projects. Good luck with the sale.

Wonderful huntall! Don't settle for any place you all aren't happy with. The pond is a must too! You'll end up finding things to do on it as much as your property.

Congrats! Good luck with everything.

That is awesome! A very exciting time for you, I'm sure.

I'm making an offer tommorrow so we will see if we can get something worked out

Wonderful huntall! Don't settle for any place you all aren't happy with. The pond is a must too! You'll end up finding things to do on it as much as your property.
My wife just laughed when we got to back of property and good size foodplot with rows of fruit trees in it.
She just looked at me and she knew what I was thinking...lol

Well....that one is not going to work out....someone beat me to sign a contract on
It.....now the look is still on

Well....that one is not going to work out....someone beat me to sign a contract on
It's happened to me too. Keep your head up and keep looking.

Their deal fell through and I'm working on this one again. It's a fixer upper so home inspection going to b difference in if we get this place. I so......hope it's not too bad.
I know it needs a roof but that's not too bad, but got to see about some other things.

If deal works out....my boys along with me and the wife are gonna love it.
Fingers crossed!

Mostly open with big foodplot in back.