The Agony of Defeat!.....Maybe!

M

MoBuckChaser

Got to study this buck good tonight. He is a 5 year old Stud. Not a monster rack, but the age I look for with a huge body!

I shot him at 27 yards, 20 minutes after video taping, I think I hit him in no mans land. Below the spine, above the lungs. And of course I got a light rain for 20 minutes after shooting. Hour and a half of looking, pulled out and will go back in the morning. Pretty sick right now!

Give us more details, maybe we can help??

Best of luck recovering him

pig of a deer. good luck finding him, take a dog if legal.

Hope you find him Mo.

Give us more details, maybe we can help??

Not much for details. He was quartering away slightly, looking away. Used my 30 yard pin for a 27 yard shot. Had plenty of time. It was a good shot other than the arrow looked like it kicked up slightly on impact. May have hit a waterhemp weed right before impact. Little blood on the arrow, brown hair and white grease.

Not much for details. He was quartering away slightly, looking away. Used my 30 yard pin for a 27 yard shot. Had plenty of time. It was a good shot other than the arrow looked like it kicked up slightly on impact. May have hit a waterhemp weed right before impact. Little blood on the arrow, brown hair and white grease.

Ok I was looking for pass thru or how much penetration

Either way good luck!

You may be surprised! Hopefully that rage clipped an artery. Thats bow hunting man. Emotional roller coaster. Good luck an keep us posted!

Ok I was looking for pass thru or how much penetration

Either way good luck!

Yes it zipped right through and was stuck in the ground on the other side.

You may be surprised! Hopefully that rage clipped an artery. Thats bow hunting man. Emotional roller coaster. Good luck an keep us posted!

I have only wounded one other deer in my life. I don't like it.

And it was not a tank like this one!

Morning light brings lots of new clues. And its going to be in the mid 40's tonight.

Hoping for the best here Mo.

Good luck Mo!

In your case I like to wait 4 hours. Get good strong search light. Chances are will stay bedded and you can spot his eyes from a good distance . If he has serious damage he will stay put then back out and go in first light and finish off.

Best of luck Mo.

Luck is what i need to find him. Or I hope it is in no mans land and he will be fine. I do not want to see buzzards circling in 3 days. After the yotes have been there. Then I would be really sick!

Good luck finding him. You are right, a beast of a deer body wise.

Good luck finding him. You are right, a beast of a deer body wise.

Yes! He really is a beast.

Reminds me of those Bucks from Canada.

Having been where you are really recently. Take heart.
You're going to wake up worrying about doing right by this deer.

You could be waking up worrying about how to get Hillary elected. :)

It's good to be you!

Having been where you are really recently. Take heart.
You're going to wake up worrying about doing right by this deer.

You could be waking up worrying about how to get Hillary elected. :)

It's good to be you!

I only worry that she may get elected!:eek: