Tactacam reveal x

One is a brand new reveal X that is sending a ton of pictures of nothing - and the other one is the solar reveal. I am not sure they arent all missing some pictures - except the one set up on my driveway. I have a feeder that runs a 15 second feed cycle. A 15 second cycle puts out a lot of corn - just before dark - and it is always gone by morning - and I might get two pictures - and maybe nothing in the pictures. I havent pulled the card to see if it is taking more pictures and not sending. But since I only use them for hog hunting - I am not too upset about it since the price is right.
This is making me want to cross that brand off my short list now. From what I've read, you can contact customer service, and they can remote into the camera to make sure everything is ok.

This is making me want to cross that brand off my short list now. From what I've read, you can contact customer service, and they can remote into the camera to make sure everything is ok.

I have contacted them in the past and they were very helpful. I am probably going to contact them here shortly if that camera doesnt quit sending a ton of pictures. I am going to move it today to another location and see if it does the same thing. I will say, for a low priced cell cam - the tactacam takes some really good pictures.

Yeah. Would be a mistake. For money best camera out there. I actually like it best regardless of price.

I like the check in pics twice a day. I look at my crops more than I look at wildlife! I will say covert cams let’s you grab a pic when you want it. That’s a nice feature.

Last edited:
One is a brand new reveal X that is sending a ton of pictures of nothing - and the other one is the solar reveal. I am not sure they arent all missing some pictures - except the one set up on my driveway. I have a feeder that runs a 15 second feed cycle. A 15 second cycle puts out a lot of corn - just before dark - and it is always gone by morning - and I might get two pictures - and maybe nothing in the pictures. I havent pulled the card to see if it is taking more pictures and not sending. But since I only use them for hog hunting - I am not too upset about it since the price is right.

I did notice that when I ran the revel x and the browning right next to it, If I had a raccoon in just the right spot, the browning would get it in the picture but the revel would sense the motion but it was out of frame for the picture.

I've got 4 of the original reveals and 6 of the reveal X cams. My biggest and really only complaint is the long recovery time, which is about 9-13 seconds.

I went ahead and ordered 2 of the Tactacam XB with solar panels since they are on sale for $119 right now. I'll miss my 100 free pics per month with the Spypoints, but I like the no glow feature of these as well as the quality of the pics and videos I've seen.