Tactacam reveal x

bowhunternw

5 year old buck +
Is anybody else having issues with these cameras? It seems like it is missing nearly all deer. I moved it to a new area just to make sure, this is an area i normally get lots of pictures.The pics i do get are always on far left part of screen. Im about to throw it in the garbage

So it is taking a bunch of pictures like over 100 but only sent 8. I did read something about a u3 card maybe i need to try that

Mine wont send with “weak” signal - which is over half my property. Cuddelink is proving to be the better choice for my property

I got full bars, only about 3 miles from tower. Now my app seems screwed up last pic is grayed out. I saw the pic when it sent so i know its a real pic

I've not had the problems you're discribing with mine. There's a Facebook user group "Reveal Cellular Camera" (Tactacam is the admin) where you could post the issue.

I have the Gen 1 from last year and love it. There is a thread on ArcheryTalk titled Tactacam Reveal that is very helpful. A guy from Tactacam is on it and will personally help with issues. This is the card you want to use or a similar card. These cameras require the faster write speed. If you have it set to take multiple pics it will only send the second pic of the burst. The rest will still be on the chip. If you have it set to send pics every time a pic is taken you are going to miss deer as it won’t be taking pics during the 30 seconds or more it takes to process and send the pic. Switch to no camera delay and send time to twice a day. Also many have the camera aimed too high. Center of pic should line up with center of deer. Also best if deer walk past camera and not facing down a trail. 22C49E44-7990-4A00-8360-1F9BEC9EE297.png

I will get one of those cards. It worked the worst when i had it set to send twice a day. It would only send once and one pic max. I have it set to take only 1 pic and send timely. At least i have gotten 6 wind pics today, so we are improving.

I have 5 of the X's out and just got a shipment of the SK. I switched out one of the X to the SK and that thing doesn't miss a thing. I received 100 pics first night. Every 60 seconds it sent a pic and my wife told me to turn it off. The X would only send about 15.

I have two of the Reveal X’s. Have been running them for two months now. No issues with either. One of them is on a very busy foodplot with tons of activity both daytime and night and has sent 4000 pictures in that timeframe and counting on the same set of energizer lithium batteries. It’s showing 80% yet…I was not expecting this kind of battery life so am pleasantly surprised. I’m in Wisconsin and the temps the last week have been down in the teens at night too.

I am running the same cards as shown above.

I’ve hunted within eyesight of the cameras and had deer in front of them and they sure don’t seem to miss a thing. I did set them up so they are very much level with the deer and this seems to be key. I read somewhere that the sensitivity of all camera sensors is less in the bottom half to try and avoid blowing grass pics. Makes sense to me.

The pic quality of these cameras is fantastic. Heck, I would pay the $119 for one of these even if they didn’t have cell capability, I have been that pleased with the pic quality. And that’s coming from a guy that has owned probably close to 75 cameras through the years of all different brands and makes. Kind of a trail cam junky, made my own for few years before the micro digitals became more of a thing.

My two pennies.

I have two of the Reveal X’s. Have been running them for two months now. No issues with either. One of them is on a very busy foodplot with tons of activity both daytime and night and has sent 4000 pictures in that timeframe and counting on the same set of energizer lithium batteries. It’s showing 80% yet…I was not expecting this kind of battery life so am pleasantly surprised. I’m in Wisconsin and the temps the last week have been down in the teens at night too.

I am running the same cards as shown above.

I’ve hunted within eyesight of the cameras and had deer in front of them and they sure don’t seem to miss a thing. I did set them up so they are very much level with the deer and this seems to be key. I read somewhere that the sensitivity of all camera sensors is less in the bottom half to try and avoid blowing grass pics. Makes sense to me.

The pic quality of these cameras is fantastic. Heck, I would pay the $119 for one of these even if they didn’t have cell capability, I have been that pleased with the pic quality. And that’s coming from a guy that has owned probably close to 75 cameras through the years of all different brands and makes. Kind of a trail cam junky, made my own for few years before the micro digitals became more of a thing.

My two pennies.
I agree. The pics are very good quality on the tactacam. I would also purchase them for a stand alone game cam even if it didnt send pictures - and they dont on my property and I still have several on the odd trail here and there where I dont want to commit one of my cuddelink cameras. Long battery life - especially if not sending pics.

One of them is on a very busy foodplot with tons of activity both daytime and night and has sent 4000 pictures in that timeframe and counting on the same set of energizer lithium batteries. It’s showing 80% yet…I was not expecting this kind of battery life so am pleasantly surprised. I’m in Wisconsin and the temps the last week have been down in the teens at night too.

You’re probably aware but If these are like any other cam I’ve used with lithiums, 80% battery means it’s going to die any day. Seems like once they stop showing 100% they are on borrowed time.

4000 transmitted pics is pretty good though.

You’re probably aware but If these are like any other cam I’ve used with lithiums, 80% battery means it’s going to die any day. Seems like once they stop showing 100% they are on borrowed time.

4000 transmitted pics is pretty good though.
I am aware. But I’m going to let it ride and see how long it goes. It’s in an easy spot to get at so I can just go on and swap out batteries when it dies.

Mine didnt send today from either camera. I know there was deer in front of at least one of them

Mine worked for a few hours the other day, then i dont know if it gets jammed up somehow. It will still get the test pics, but all the others just get stored. I checked the sd card again this morning. Hopefully the u3 card fixes it, wally world didnt have them so probably have to order one

Well just to update this, i got one of the u3 cards and it seems to be sending all of the pics now. The pic quality is good, probably the nicest looking photos from any of my cameras. There is some quirks that annoy me though. Daily check is super erratic sometimes once a day sometimes 3 times a day, so i shut that off. Also the send twice a day seems bonkers. I am gonna leave it on send timely till batteries go dead.

So it is taking a bunch of pictures like over 100 but only sent 8. I did read something about a u3 card maybe i need to try that
I was told by tactacam that when taking multiple pics, 3 shot burst, the cam only sends the second pic taken, You have to download sd card to see the others.

One of mine quit sending altogether. Not real impressed with them so far.

There are Tactacams stacked on shelves everywhere these days because they shipped to the states in November. I foresee sales in the near future.

Still not sure I can justify buying anymore based on the crappy app, inability to transmit bursts, and only twice a day scheduled transmittals. That said, I’m still pretty dang impressed with the pic and thumbnail quality of my SK.

There are Tactacams stacked on shelves everywhere these days because they shipped to the states in November. I foresee sales in the near future.

Still not sure I can justify buying anymore based on the crappy app, inability to transmit bursts, and only twice a day scheduled transmittals.

Your Tactacam reveal X only sends you pictures twice a day or am I misunderstanding your post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your Tactacam reveal X only sends you pictures twice a day or am I misunderstanding your post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only have a reveal SK but I’m pretty sure all reveals only have 3 choices, instant send, scheduled once a day, or scheduled twice a day.

Leaving a cell cam on instant transmittal eats batteries quicker and *typically makes the camera more likely to miss triggering on deer as it recovers (to trigger again) slower as it’s transmitting a pic or it just doesn’t trigger at all if transmitting. Thus I find leaving any cell cam on instant transmittal to be a lousy choice if you care about minimizing missed deer.