Switch Grass Planting & Timing

Yes, apparently they have found it seeping into residential wells and groundwater supplies in those areas.

I've successfully planted stands of Switch a couple times with the following formula in zone 4.
1) Kill everything, plant RR beans for a season. I've done Switch with & without this step... Works much better with RR beans.
2) Drill Switch as near to May 10th as possible.
3) Wait 10-14 days then spray Gly & Atrazine or Simazine together.
4) Pray for rain.
5)The following spring, spray area with Gly, killing all cool season grasses as near to May 1st as possible. This should be done years 2 & 3. Fire serves the same purpose.

I prefer establishing stands of Switch only due the simplification of a challenging process (timing & herbicide). If you want forbs & flowers, drill them into sod after year 4 or 5 fire.

P.S. - The deer at my place LOVE the thick/tall monoculture of Switch. They use the more diverse grass mixtures but much less frequently.

Currently these areas I will be planting have been ag farmed & prepped last 3 years ... pretty clean.

The farmer had planted oats & winter wheat which will green up this spring.

Any reason to spray this or should I just let it grow out?

Currently these areas I will be planting have been ag farmed & prepped last 3 years ... pretty clean.

The farmer had planted oats & winter wheat which will green up this spring.

Any reason to spray this or should I just let it grow out?

Not sure if you "have to" terminate the oats and wheat. But I think I would. Just so there's less competition.

I would frost seed, then before switch germination, but after cold season grass germination nuke it all with Gly.

On the old site their was a thread on the difference between frost seed and spring drill planting.I know I frost seeded some strips right before a snow on a prepared area and they were a couple feet tall the first year

Not sure if you "have to" terminate the oats and wheat. But I think I would. Just so there's less competition.
^^^^^ this.