Sweet Corn ?

NBK

Yearling... With promise
I know this is not a food plot for wildlife question. But I was wondering if anyone on here could help me and tell me what kind of spray I can use on sweet corn that is NOT RR. Any help would be appreciated

Not an expert on that, but I do know that corn is a grass so do not use clethodim or other grass specific herbicide.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There's never a good, simple answer. Are we talking about a garden? Food plot? 10 acres? A hundred acres? I only ask because some herbicides for sweet corn only come, at minimum, in 2 1/2 gal containers - and you would need two different herbicides. One for grass. One for broadleaf.

Pre-emergence or post-emergence? Is the corn planted and up? Either one probably precludes a pre-emergent herbicide.

I've found that a kid on a hoe works OK.

I think my neighbor farmer uses Dual Magnum as a pre-emerge. Maybe Atrazine?

I use my troy-bilt tiller between the rows and put a heavy layer of grass clippings down the whole row around the plants.

I guess it depends on how much of an area you have planted in sweet corn.

1 1/2acres
It is already coming up

What I try to do on my sweet corn every year is till then plant. I keep an eye on the corn and the weather. I hit it with generic dual and gly right before the corn emerges and hopefully with rain in the forecast. The dual seems to hold back the grass but I still get some broadleaves about a month later that I hit with generic stinger. Seems to make a pretty clean field.

I no-tilled it, sprayed gly about a month before planting and 1 week after planting, but noticed some weeds starting to grow again

I know when I was young, I walked many rows of beans, and sweet corn with a hoe, 1.5 acres should go quick!