swamp white oak?

N

non-pro-archer

Is this a swo or are there other white oaks that have the long stem and a 45 degree angle?14108146641260.jpg

Leaves in the pic look more like regular white oak to me.

Regular white oak.

So a regular white oak will have the long stem too?

This is one I thought was a regular white oak, is it another variety? 14108234155980.jpg

The way I tell a regular white from a swamp white is how deep the lobes are. Regular white oak has much deeper lobes than a swamp white oak does. What your calling a white oak - seems "off" to me (Just my opinion). I am not sure what it is. Not saying it isn't, it certainly is a member of the white oak family. I could be all wrong as well.

I see the difference between swo and regular white now. I need to learn my oak trees better

Regardless of swo or regular oak THAT is where I'd be sitting with my rifle next month.

I'll be there with my bow as soon as they start dropping, there's always a couple does under them morning and night when they are dropping

Also look at the shape of your tree. A swo will is often taller and narrower, while a plain white is shorter and wider. In my experience anyway.

It may be a hybrid, but it has some SWO in it. I am pretty sure only 2 members of the white oak group produce acorns growing at the end of a stem (perduncle); they are swamp white oaks and english oaks. The acorn in your picture is a little elongated in relation to swo acorns I collect; perhaps it is a swo crossed with a regular white oak

It may be a hybrid, but it has some SWO in it. I am pretty sure only 2 members of the white oak group produce acorns growing at the end of a stem (perduncle); they are swamp white oaks and english oaks. The acorn in your picture is a little elongated in relation to swo acorns I collect; perhaps it is a swo crossed with a regular white oak
Maybe I'm not crazy after all. It's a consistent producer unlike the other white oaks on my farm that only produce every other year. This tree and it's brother right next to it produce every year