Suggestions on Handheld Herbicide Sprayer

Codie Gleason

Yearling... With promise
I’m looking at getting new handheld herbicide sprayers to use for cut-stump and hack and squirt. I’m currently using the Stihl SG-10 model and I’m not a big fan of the newer model Stihl’s. What have y’all used that is reliable and durable that can withstand everyday use?

As far as I know Stihl makes chainsaws, very good ones as I have owned many. On their sprayers, they are adding their name on someone elses product.

What are you spraying in terms of herbicide & fluid?

Solo backpack 425 model

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

People always poo-poo me. But I’ve been using a cheap harbor freight backpack sprayer for about 4 year now. Cheap enough to buy extras.

I bought an expensive one from Home depot with a roundup decal on it and it leaked after 1 year.

As far as I know Stihl makes chainsaws, very good ones as I have owned many. On their sprayers, they are adding their name on someone elses product.

What are you spraying in terms of herbicide & fluid?[/QUOTE

What are you spraying in terms of herbicide & fluid?

Glyphosate (Accord & Rodeo)
Triclapyr 3 & 4
Basal oil

I always used a simple one quart pray bottle. The problem is they always end up leaking rather quickly. Last fall I was in Lowe's and noticed Round-up in a spray quart bottle. I figured if it would hold up for them it should do the same for me. I bought one and used it up on a lot of old wild rose bushes. Then I put pure Round-up in it for hack and squirt. It held up and still doesn't leak.