All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stream Water For Spraying

SwampCat, you need to filter that water for SNAKES! Other than my aversion to slithery reptiles, do you have any problems with the organic matter in that water plugging up your nozzles or tips?

SwampCat, you need to filter that water for SNAKES! Other than my aversion to slithery reptiles, do you have any problems with the organic matter in that water plugging up your nozzles or tips?

And I'm sure the pump isn't particularly happy with debris...

Zero negatives to AMS, why wouldn't you add it at that cheap cost?

Reactions: Tap
I have a single point boomless 55 gal pto sprayer. There is a filter on the sprayer I change out every couple of years. I probabaly spray around 1000 gallons a year. I have had one pump go out in fifteen years. Never had a plugged nozzel. For me, less is more. I get excellent burn down with glyphosate not using ams. If I wasnt satisfied with the results of my spraying, I would definately try it. For me, less is more.

And as far as the snakes go, the alligators and hogs take care of most of them.

Any pics of your sprayer SwampCat??

Weekender- it’s not a must when sprayings Gly do don’t lose sleep over it. If you have gotten good kill without it, you won’t need it unless you want to spend the extra $.

$12 a bag. $12 to do 25 acres? 2 bucks an acre?? Unless the herbicide label says to not add it, then I'm gonna use it. Some herbicides require to include AMS. Raptor/Clearcast is one of them. It's a good product to have on the shelf.
https://www.ruralking.com/dsm-ammonium-sulfate-51lb-bag#