All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stool Beds

greyphase

5 year old buck +
She Who Must Be Obeyed (the would be the wifey) made me move my one B118 stoolbed that I had planted in the west side of the garden to the east side last spring. It only put off two shoots last summer but here they are.
Piney%20Creek%203-11-16%20001_zpsgaqwdun7.jpg

I also had a G202 planted for a stoolbed which I had to move. It had 4 shoots on it last spring but I thought only one was big enough to graft to so I potted up the other three. After a years growth here they are. About 3 foot tall and pencil sized ready to be grafted to this spring.
Piney%20Creek%203-11-16%20006_zpsrvxhfqon.jpg

I also planted 2 G969's and a M7 last spring for a stoolbed. Will probably plant a few more B118's and a G30 or two this spring. I pruned all the one's that I had planted last spring flush to the ground today, set bottomless 5 gallon buckets over them and will add sawdust this summer as the shoots grow. Hoping to get 3 to 5 shoots off of each rootstock next spring. It's a cheap and easy way to get some free rootstock.

Fantastic they look great and healthy!