Stock Market is the bottom in?

No, it doesn't. It's It's a projection based on what the company believes it will pay over the next year. That is to say, future return on your investment. That's why it is of interest to potential investors.
"

What Is a Forward Dividend Yield?​

A forward dividend yield is an estimation of a year's dividend expressed as a percentage of the current stock price. The year's projected dividend is measured by taking a stock's most recent actual dividend payment and annualizing it. The forward dividend yield is calculated by dividing a year's worth of future dividend payments by a stock's current share price."

What do you mean by this? ZIM does not have the authority to levy taxes.

I own some TSM Taiwan semiconductor. Every dividend I receive is quickly followed up with a foreign tax paid. Is ZIM doing this same type of thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own some TSM Taiwan semiconductor. Every dividend I receive is quickly followed up with a foreign tax paid. Is ZIM doing this same type of thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. I think they pay Israeli tax, and if you live outside Israel you file a form to get the tax back. Then you pay tax to Uncle Sam.

"

What Is a Forward Dividend Yield?​

A forward dividend yield is an estimation of a year's dividend expressed as a percentage of the current stock price. The year's projected dividend is measured by taking a stock's most recent actual dividend payment and annualizing it. The forward dividend yield is calculated by dividing a year's worth of future dividend payments by a stock's current share price."

Where ever you go that, you should not be taking imvestment advice from that website. It might give you a good estimate for J&J and other such stocks with consisteen dividends, but there are only a few dozen of those. For calculating forward dividend yield for ZIM and many other stocks, this would likely be unwise. ZIM, for example, would probably look at how much future business they already have booked in order to project how much cash they can return to shareholders. For "kings" and "aristocrats", using the most recent dividend to project the coming year's returns is likely safe, but that's why they are classified as kings and aristocrats. There is a reason you see the phrase "Past performance is not indicative of future results" plastered all over anything containing market analysis.

Where ever you go that, you should not be taking imvestment advice from that website. It might give you a good estimate for J&J and other such stocks with consisteen dividends, but there are only a few dozen of those. For calculating forward dividend yield for ZIM and many other stocks, this would likely be unwise. ZIM, for example, would probably look at how much future business they already have booked in order to project how much cash they can return to shareholders. For "kings" and "aristocrats", using the most recent dividend to project the coming year's returns is likely safe, but that's why they are classified as kings and aristocrats. There is a reason you see the phrase "Past performance is not indicative of future results" plastered all over anything containing market analysis.
It is just the common description from investopedia: Here is the link. I don't take investment advice from any website. I just know you sometimes struggle understanding my words, so I thought I'd point you to what others say. I know nothing about that web site. It was just the first one I came across with someone else's words.

If you have $500,000 in the Nasdaq Index you would be down just shy of $20k today…

Yeah if the downtrend continues I will start shorting.

If you have $500,000 in the Nasdaq Index you would be down just shy of $20k today…
META is the first non-energy stock I've bought/held in 6 months. I'm taking a beating on that today, but I've got a big hedge in place that's cushioning that.

I've got my eyes on GNRC now. The P/E is a little rich at 30. 20 would be better. I'm waiting for the big blowout to buy it. I'd love to pick it up below $140.

With the quacks running the world today, I don't understand why every single home built doesn't have a Generac generator.

META is the first non-energy stock I've bought/held in 6 months. I'm taking a beating on that today, but I've got a big hedge in place that's cushioning that.

I've got my eyes on GNRC now. The P/E is a little rich at 30. 20 would be better. I'm waiting for the big blowout to buy it. I'd love to pick it up below $140.

With the quacks running the world today, I don't understand why every single home built doesn't have a Generac generator.
The way things are going every home will come with it's own bomb shelter, which of course will still need a generac.

She's kinda letting loose here at the end of the day. S&P down 4% now.

^^^^Phuck that worthless piece of $hit and the rest of the unity party. Our commie govt is too busy caring about the borders of other countries to give a shit about ours. Now the criminals are flooding our country with fentanyl disguised as candy trying to kill our kids. They do nothing about it but can ship billions to Ukraine. F them too. Everyone is getting killed by inflation and watching the stock portfolios/retirements erode away. The commies make it worse with their inflation reduction act and the student loan bullshit. At least the vassals and the lords are getting rich while all the serfs get killed.

Putin did it.... SMFH

Portfolio down over 7% today alone.

Nasdaq down 5.16% in one day 😵‍💫😵‍💫

What good will a generator do when there will be no gas?
Excellent point. I wouldn't put one in. I would keep all my solar gear though.

Cause you never know...

Fine day in the market for young folks that are dollar cost averaging...Not so much for us old guys!