Stock Market is the bottom in?

Don't know if anyone read the recent article by Ray Dalio, the founder of Bridgewater Investments. Ray Dalio is a billionaire, and his comments are a dire warning for all of us.
He looked at all the societal ills - from the huge wealth gap, to political extremism on both sides, the lack of political moderates (those leaving and those NOT running for office) who seek actual REAL compromise, to China & Russia agreeing to act in tandem economically and militarily (while both are building huge military forces and building bases around the world, to the global pandemic and its impacts. Dalio is extremely worried that the widening political gap, and the intractable positions of the fringes of both sides, have made compromise impossible. He also points out the lies and propaganda spreading here in the U.S. that are even further dividing this country to the point that anger levels are so high, violence is now seen as desirable. Dalio said he sees the U.S being on the path to a real civil war. Dalio is no idiot, and he has billions of his own money invested.

Think about this for JUST a second ............. before the inevitable drawls of "it'll never happen here" come out of the woodwork.

Everything we've ALL worked for, and what we THOUGHT we'd leave to our kids & grandkids ............ will disappear quick as a mouse-click. A shooting civil war - as insane as that would be - will destroy our economy, stock markets, and China & Russia will scoop up the U.S. from 2 directions. Both bull-headed political sides LOSE, the U.S. will disappear after China and Russia (licking their chops) attack with all they have from our east and west. Dalio isn't the only one thinking this way. Lots of other "brilliant" financial / economical / societal minds see the writing on the wall. Think you've got a good nest egg saved up??? That'll disappear in seconds. Look at how much was lost to Facebook in 1 day. Look at how quick the crash of 1987 sunk the markets, or the deregulated financial services meltdown that started in 2007 put us in a recession. Markets HATE uncertainty - always have. What do we think will happen to our stock markets (and our nest eggs) when a shooting, violent civil war breaks out????????

So before we all strap on our "tough guy" costumes ......... maybe we ought to look at T-R-U-T-H and F-A-C-T-S, and re-gain our heads before supreme idiocy ruins the U.S.A for good.

I think most here already knew that. Common sense. Have been watching this develop for a long time! Welcome to the party. Whatever tough guy costumes is supposed to mean?

At this point i'm hoping for civil war---looking like it's just a matter of time. might as well get on with it. jmo

Don't know if anyone read the recent article by Ray Dalio, the founder of Bridgewater Investments. Ray Dalio is a billionaire, and his comments are a dire warning for all of us.
He looked at all the societal ills - from the huge wealth gap, to political extremism on both sides, the lack of political moderates (those leaving and those NOT running for office) who seek actual REAL compromise, to China & Russia agreeing to act in tandem economically and militarily (while both are building huge military forces and building bases around the world, to the global pandemic and its impacts. Dalio is extremely worried that the widening political gap, and the intractable positions of the fringes of both sides, have made compromise impossible. He also points out the lies and propaganda spreading here in the U.S. that are even further dividing this country to the point that anger levels are so high, violence is now seen as desirable. Dalio said he sees the U.S being on the path to a real civil war. Dalio is no idiot, and he has billions of his own money invested.

Think about this for JUST a second ............. before the inevitable drawls of "it'll never happen here" come out of the woodwork.

Everything we've ALL worked for, and what we THOUGHT we'd leave to our kids & grandkids ............ will disappear quick as a mouse-click. A shooting civil war - as insane as that would be - will destroy our economy, stock markets, and China & Russia will scoop up the U.S. from 2 directions. Both bull-headed political sides LOSE, the U.S. will disappear after China and Russia (licking their chops) attack with all they have from our east and west. Dalio isn't the only one thinking this way. Lots of other "brilliant" financial / economical / societal minds see the writing on the wall. Think you've got a good nest egg saved up??? That'll disappear in seconds. Look at how much was lost to Facebook in 1 day. Look at how quick the crash of 1987 sunk the markets, or the deregulated financial services meltdown that started in 2007 put us in a recession. Markets HATE uncertainty - always have. What do we think will happen to our stock markets (and our nest eggs) when a shooting, violent civil war breaks out????????

So before we all strap on our "tough guy" costumes ......... maybe we ought to look at T-R-U-T-H and F-A-C-T-S, and re-gain our heads before supreme idiocy ruins the U.S.A for good.
I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at here. If all markets crash into oblivion then I guess the amount you have in your nest egg or losing it all really doesn’t matter in this case. If you have all cash saved up in your safe and money becomes worthless what’s the difference. Money will be the least of your worries at that point. Everyone will be in the same boat. What I’m saying is if those scenarios play out there is no solution. Money wise I mean.

I can't think of an American institution that isn't under siege or completely fallen at this point. The church doesn't preach the bible, hospitals are blocking treatment, government is destroying the currency, the schools are blocking education, prosecutors are protecting criminals, scientists have sold out, healthcare agencies have been captured, our defense department is a racketeering outfit, the media is a joke, the food and water is going to sh*t, and Jill Clapperton thinks Gates is an idiot.

I'm aware, and I'm making alternative investments.

b5e7375d9449e35deec20c3bb05803df.jpg

What? No toilet paper?

Saw an average size Ribeye steak for $23 in the grocery store. The inflation is real.

Surprised nobody mentioned the jobs report this morning.... Looks like the same people that counted up the election results revised the November and December jobs reports.... Joe time piece is taking a victory lap this morning. Hopefully he doesnt shit his pants from all the meds as "Dr" Jill Biden shuffles him off the stage...

December, which initially was reported as a gain of 199,000, went up to 510,000. November surged to 647,000 from the previously reported 249,000. For the two months alone, the initial counts were revised up by 709,000. The revisions came as part of the annual adjustments from the BLS that saw sizeable changes for many of the months in 2021

Looks like a good time to get marlinitis!

Nice rebound in the market today....so far.