Stock Market is the bottom in?

I watch Cramer for the entertainment. I believe he is bought and paid for. It's not all bad but you gotta really read between the lines with that guy.

I watch Cramer, but he’s so strange. He was kind of for Trump, then he seems to lean Biden now? I don’t care really, but he was pushing the vaccine mandates and I didn’t like that.

Concentrate on the stocks, don’t get too political.

Cramer seems to forget his bad calls on equities and uses hyperbole on his correct calls.

GFS is starting to climb. I have some of this one on the chance that it thrives like all other semiconductor manufacturers. They have 5 facilities and I believe they just struck a deal with AMD.

Not the stock market, but corn and soybeans have sure been on a tear lately. Crop inputs are HORRIBLE.

Capture.PNG

I was just on a call this morning. Russia is putting restrictions on ammonium nitrate exports to make sure they have enough for their crops. This coupled with the fact that of the plant explosion out east is not looking good for an already strained market.

Yikes… food shortage is very real possibility

Yikes… food shortage is very real possibility
probably decreased yields, in the least. Increased production costs for everyone else. Most corn grain in US is feeding cattle, meaning higher beef prices.

I would be looking at alternative sources of N this year - things like N-fixing products. They are in hot demand right now.

the local Murdoch store had fertilizer discounted 50% or so this fall. I bought enough for the trees this spring and new grass / alfalfa seeding this fall. Doubt I can afford any more this year.

I was just on a call this morning. Russia is putting restrictions on ammonium nitrate exports to make sure they have enough for their crops. This coupled with the fact that of the plant explosion out east is not looking good for an already strained market.
We're going to have to learn how to grow food without fertilizer, or we'll have to learn how to fight. We're gonna learn something this year.

We're going to have to learn how to grow food without fertilizer, or we'll have to learn how to fight. We're gonna learn something this year.
Necessity is the mother of innovation

Spoke with a rep at a gold/silver exchange this morning. He says it’s flying off the shelves. I’m not a die hard precious metal fan, but I think it’s worth having 2-5% in your portfolio.

Gonna be a loooong 3 years
2000 Mules says game over. 1 mule made 53 drops. Trailer for the film in the link.

I prepaid for all of my exorbitantly priced fertilizer last week. They would not let me book for spring application last fall. I tried like hell since August. If prices keep going much higher I'm worried about getting force majeured right in the ass on my contract. It happened to my friends last fall on their NH3 contract. Booked in June/July, tore up in October. My BIL works for local RR company. They deliver train cars to several very large locations around here. They are behind.... I'm running all the P and K and some sulfur through the planter again this year. Probably load it all with a plastic tote again. Only about 8-9 tons this year.

Should have bought some Mosaic and CF industries stock last Sept. If commodity prices keep going I expect these stocks to double by this time next year. $10 corn and $20 beans will put mosaic around $100 and CF industries around $200.

Steel companies have intentionally kept production lower than normal to keep prices high. I was told that last week by the local steel company. He said they got used to making twice the profit for half the product and are not in any hurry to go back to "normal".

DJIA: 35,363.55 -265.78 (-0.75%) | NASDAQ: 14,118.89 -298.657 (-2.07%) | S&P 500: 4,523.82 -65.56 (-1.43%) —Markets close in 6 hrs 14 mins

print2.gif
Print Format
Change Text Size:
  • Default text sizeA
  • Larger text sizeA
  • Largest text sizeA

Vista Outdoor Fiscal Q3 Adjusted Profit, Sales Rise; Guides Higher for​