Stock Market is the bottom in?

Not much is new from an internal perspective., Misinformation has always been the purview of high dollar TV ads in the past. It has simply migrated to new platforms. The real threat is that these new platforms are subject to foreign influence much more than TV every was.
Probably some truth to this but the ridiculous one-sidedness of big tech towards the Democrats is mind blowing. If our elections are in fact still legitimate they swayed enough Americans to vote for a fool who couldn’t possibly be running the country and his incompetents is on display for everyone to see nearly daily. The let’s go Brandon video where he responds “let’s go Brandon I agree” and his own wife hangs her head in shame is prime example.

Probably some truth to this but the ridiculous one-sidedness of big tech towards the Democrats is mind blowing. If our elections are in fact still legitimate they swayed enough Americans to vote for a fool who couldn’t possibly be running the country and his incompetents is on display for everyone to see nearly daily. The let’s go Brandon video where he responds “let’s go Brandon I agree” and his own wife hangs her head in shame is prime example.
Pendulums swing... Both sides fire up their bases telling them what they want to hear. about themselves and about the other guy. Foreign influences amplify this even further as their objective is to cause division and turmoil in the US. The more we divide, the more we lose...It is disheartening!

Information over load is getting to be more work to get the facts. Without any common sense people can't decipher fact from fiction. We are caught in a viscous cycle and people for some reason always want to complain versus compliment. Good news doesn't travel fast or far,but bad news....

The Trump social media stock made another huge run today. Was all the way to $90 at one point. Settled down towards the close and after hours. Volume was MASSIVE today. It was about $46.xx on January 6th, and then it took off on a tear. Dwac, CFVI (rumble stock), exxon, and chevron were my only winners today. Pretty much everything else got taken to the woodshed. Trump social media stock is set to roll out on Feb 21. I'm kinda expecting strength all the way until then. I think there are only 36 million shares in existence right now so it could really take off on bullish news. Market cap currently $3.2 billion, lots of cash on hand to get started. Twitter has about $30 billion dollar market cap, fakebook $885 billion. DWAC has LOTS of room to grow and TONS of potential users.

Capture.PNG

The Trump social media stock made another huge run today. Was all the way to $90 at one point. Settled down towards the close and after hours. Volume was MASSIVE today. It was about $46.xx on January 6th, and then it took off on a tear. Dwac, CFVI (rumble stock), exxon, and chevron were my only winners today. Pretty much everything else got taken to the woodshed. Trump social media stock is set to roll out on Feb 21. I'm kinda expecting strength all the way until then. I think there are only 36 million shares in existence right now so it could really take off on bullish news. Market cap currently $3.2 billion, lots of cash on hand to get started. Twitter has about $30 billion dollar market cap, fakebook $885 billion. DWAC has LOTS of room to grow and TONS of potential users.

View attachment 40393

I’m no guru but hold some $ on the side. When it is officially launched I expect glitches. The news media will spend days and weeks trying to discredit it as sub par because it “as announced” won’t start off with all the bells and whistles.

Every talking head under the sun will bash it. That’s when I’ll be buying.

I’m no guru but hold some $ on the side. When it is officially launched I expect glitches. The news media will spend days and weeks trying to discredit it as sub par because it “as announced” won’t start off with all the bells and whistles.

Every talking head under the sun will bash it. That’s when I’ll be buying.

I expect DWAC to be attacked from all angles..... SEC, Congress, state run media, Russian Hackers (aka Microsoft employees), DOD contractors, CIA, FBI, Goldman Sachs, Blackrock, speech police, New York attorney general, etc.... My first buy was $14. I'm an idiot for not going all in that morning. If it fails it wont be for a lack of demand. I think there is more then a billion people looking for a platform to freely communicate worldwide.

You are correct though, rough seas ahead.

This will be one to watch in the coming days/months/years.... This evening SOFI got word that they finally obtained a national banking charter. and the stock jumped sharply in after hours. By far this is the largest position I have ever taken. They will now be able to lend out their deposits to their customers and it helps to streamline their business. Could be some fireworks tomorrow. Gonna try to add to my position if things dont get too crazy in the morning. This has multi bagger potential for many reasons. I was ready to smash my computer today watching it drop all the way to $12.

Capture.PNG

This will be one to watch in the coming days/months/years.... This evening SOFI got word that they finally obtained a national banking charter. and the stock jumped sharply in after hours. By far this is the largest position I have ever taken. They will now be able to lend out their deposits to their customers and it helps to streamline their business. Could be some fireworks tomorrow. Gonna try to add to my position if things dont get too crazy in the morning. This has multi bagger potential for many reasons. I was ready to smash my computer today watching it drop all the way to $12.

View attachment 40419
certainly a contrarian point of view. Not much bump given the news...

???

Elaborate? Maybe it's not? Explain

Elaborate? Maybe it's not? Explain

I'm not sure you are referring to my post or Hoyt's. As for contrarian view, simply look a the valuation and analyst outlook in Buck's post. I was just saying that his view is counter to the consensus. As for "priced in". The stock has been trending lower for the last year. It closed today up in the 14L% range on the news which is about where it was at the beginning of the month which is down from the last big dip from mid-Nov. I'm just agreeing with Hoyt that by mid-day the news was already factored into the price. "Not much of a bump" was suggesting that a 14% increase on a stock that was down 8% yesterday my be related to the volatility rather than the news being the start of a sharp turn around.

Not sure what else I can say.

The priced in is what I was wondering about. Thanks for response

The priced in is what I was wondering about. Thanks for response
In general "priced in" is short-hand for what ever news or other information is already reflected in the stock price based on expectations.

certainly a contrarian point of view. Not much bump given the news...

Not much of a bump??? The stock went up 14% in 24 hours on a day where the rest of the Nasdaq was off again and the broader market has been in the toilet. Going into yesterday there were 80+ million shorts on SOFI. Today the volume was nearly 6 times the average (short covering). Did you expect the stock to shoot to $40 in one day??? I sure didnt. I specifically said it would be one to watch over "days, months, years." They've only received word that its been approved. They dont actually become SOFI bank until February. I'm looking at it as a multi year investment, not get rich quick. SOFI blew out earnings for Q3 2021. They raised guidance for Q4 2021 at that time. With the charter news I expect them to further raise guidance. I will take a 14% bump as often as I can get it. A couple of the analyst have raised their price target to around $30. I'm patient, I can wait. I would rather grind higher nice and slow.

Capture.PNG

Not much of a bump??? The stock went up 14% in 24 hours on a day where the rest of the Nasdaq was off again and the broader market has been in the toilet. Going into yesterday there were 80+ million shorts on SOFI. Today the volume was nearly 6 times the average (short covering). Did you expect the stock to shoot to $40 in one day??? I sure didnt. I specifically said it would be one to watch over "days, months, years." They've only received word that its been approved. They dont actually become SOFI bank until February. I'm looking at it as a multi year investment, not get rich quick. SOFI blew out earnings for Q3 2021. They raised guidance for Q4 2021 at that time. With the charter news I expect them to further raise guidance. I will take a 14% bump as often as I can get it. A couple of the analyst have raised their price target to around $30. I'm patient, I can wait. I would rather grind higher nice and slow.

View attachment 40450

Yep, the shorts confirm the contrarian view. Time will tell if it was just a short-term blip or the beginning of a turn around. Either bet on an individual stock is just that...a bet. Been there done that... :emoji_laughing:

I think the market is like everything else now, you really can't believe what the "experts" say because people tend to panic for no reason based on what they hear. Market manipulation is always taking place.

Industrial and oil stocks are looking fine for the most part.