Stock Market is the bottom in?

Rumor is the kids are going to bid up SiriusXM! If they do I’ll be loving it! Long time shareholder.
Well they didn't pick Sirius XM...LOL
Down 6%

I heard today that a few big traders/funds have made 1 billion on Gamestop

The thing that bothers me the most about people taking on debt is it inflates what the true value of what the product should cost. I think the biggest cost in retirement is healthcare in America. I've met plenty of farmers that have lost everything due to not preparing to have a plan to cover healthcare costs.

Well they didn't pick Sirius XM...LOL
Down 6%

I heard today that a few big traders/funds have made 1 billion on Gamestop

Trading of Gamestop has been stopped because of the stock manipulation, shares have plummeted 35%. Could cause it to crash when re-opens.

Trading of Gamestop has been stopped because of the stock manipulation, shares have plummeted 35%. Could cause it to crash when re-opens.
No doubt it will eventually crash back? It is not a Tesla type

No doubt it will eventually crash back? It is not a Tesla type

The problem with stocks like this is that their rapid rise is fueled by emotional speculation. That emotion can quickly change in the other direction. When there are different parties that benefit from rise or fall, hard to figure out a real basis for value.

Last edited:
The thing that bothers me the most about people taking on debt is it inflates what the true value of what the product should cost. I think the biggest cost in retirement is healthcare in America. I've met plenty of farmers that have lost everything due to not preparing to have a plan to cover healthcare costs.

A couple of years ago I went to our bank and talked with a financial advisor about retirement options and rollovers even though I'm still a few years away yet and she said the same thing. Healthcare/Medical is one of the biggest retirement expenses there is.
Luckily my wife isn't retiring for 5-7 years after I do so I will be able to jump onto her work insurance and I've got the VA option also until I reach sixty five.

A couple of years ago I went to our bank and talked with a financial advisor about retirement options and rollovers even though I'm still a few years away yet and she said the same thing. Healthcare/Medical is one of the biggest retirement expenses there is.
Luckily my wife isn't retiring for 5-7 years after I do so I will be able to jump onto her work insurance and I've got the VA option also until I reach sixty five.
ride that pony as long as you can, take it from me, the open market is ridiculous.

$1500 premiums per month and $13,000 out of pocket yearly if all deductibles are met. And that's not even a top end plan.

I’m not up on the whole mortgage vs no mortgage debate…all I know from personal experience is it’s always been better for the wife and I as we bought homes to get as short term as we could possibly afford. And having a house or property paid for sure makes me sleep better at night!
I am as well... Got a deal pending that would enable me to pay off my mortgage and make me 100% debt free.. Still weighing my options.
When it comes down to it. Debt is debt... A clean slate is a beautiful thing

ride that pony as long as you can, take it from me, the open market is ridiculous.

$1500 premiums per month and $13,000 out of pocket yearly if all deductibles are met. And that's not even a top end plan.
I think we have about the same plan. It’s basically catastrophic insurance they just call by a fuzzy name. “Omni silver”

it’s ridiculous....

The problem with stocks like this is that their rapid rise is fueled by emotional speculation. That emotion can quickly change in the other direction. When there are different parties that benefit from rise or fall, hard to figure out a real basis for value.
I Now have 8k invested in a couple of these stocks. I wouldn’t call it speculation. I know these companies amc. Nok, expr, are crap. The plan was to stick it to the hedge funds that short everything and cost all of us millions. The plan worked to perfection on game stop and was working on these stocks until the hedge guys fought back. A bunch of platforms prevented these share from being bought, you could only sell them, thus allowing the shorts to buy cheaper shares. There will be people going to jail over this, at least there should be. We have one more shot tomorrow as the majority of the shorts on game stop and amc have to be covered tomorrow. Happy some average Joe’s got hundreds of millions out of these hedge guys on game stop but it could have been so much bigger. These stocks were also halted many times today while the hedge funds continued to trade. Every time they
were halted they dropped after they opened back up.

The vassals and lords aren't go let the serfs slither away unscathed from all of this. Some people will go to jail, some will get rich, some are broke, some will likely get whacked. You dont land a blow like this and not draw a sharp response. Big tech is sure giving the appearance of landing squarely on the side of the hedge funds that are getting cleaned out.

All I remember of the stock market when I was a kid was guys jumping off tall buildings. Lol.

unfortunately my Roth days are over, hopefully for good. It is a shame they cap it based on income and cap how much you can put in.

Check out a backdoor Roth, we have been doing them for quite a few years.

Also dollar cost averaging no load index funds is a very very solid strategy for those with limited knowledge and or free time to spend on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m just glad the little guys got a good blow in. I think it’s time to start doing it more often.

Any of the trading sites not participate in freezing out the little guys?

I decided to gamble on a few hundred shares of AMC. My cost was about where it settled at, although I see it went up a bunch in the afterhours, which I know means nothing. I doubt I'll make any money, never been a good stock picker. Not even a very good mutual fund picker, going back to the high flying days of Janus when they eventually got clobbered. It does seem pretty criminal how some of the platforms kiboshed trading on theses stocks today. Hope the retail peons get the last laugh. Probably won't though.

I Now have 8k invested in a couple of these stocks. I wouldn’t call it speculation. I know these companies amc. Nok, expr, are crap. The plan was to stick it to the hedge funds that short everything and cost all of us millions. The plan worked to perfection on game stop and was working on these stocks until the hedge guys fought back. A bunch of platforms prevented these share from being bought, you could only sell them, thus allowing the shorts to buy cheaper shares. There will be people going to jail over this, at least there should be. We have one more shot tomorrow as the majority of the shorts on game stop and amc have to be covered tomorrow. Happy some average Joe’s got hundreds of millions out of these hedge guys on game stop but it could have been so much bigger. These stocks were also halted many times today while the hedge funds continued to trade. Every time they
were halted they dropped after they opened back up.

I just recieved $7k in new target shooting devices and the projectiles to blast stuff ... I also have two chain saws with freshly sharpened chains on them ... and 8-9" of fresh snow at the farm I have to deal with the tractor ... I am not going to worry one iota about what the stock market is going to do this weekend.

Rather than worrying about who can save the world, who wins or who loses, or who should go to jail or not ... I am going to go enjoy my life & wife this weekend.

Investing should be dispassionate & analytical ... if there are good guys and bad guys, and you can't control the outcome ... it is emotional & speculative ... I wish you well :emoji_wink:

I’m just glad the little guys got a good blow in. I think it’s time to start doing it more often.

Any of the trading sites not participate in freezing out the little guys?

Fidelity hasn't restricted any transactions for the stocks in question for the last two days.

AAL made some big moves the last couple days.

I think we have about the same plan. It’s basically catastrophic insurance they just call by a fuzzy name. “Omni silver”

it’s ridiculous....
Should we start a thread somewhere?

BTW, I've hit my deducible already for this year. I have a medicine I have to take for a blood disorder. So my deductible is not a matter of if but when. this year It was mid january.

I'm a nightmare of health insurances

I just recieved $7k in new target shooting devices and the projectiles to blast stuff ... I also have two chain saws with freshly sharpened chains on them ... and 8-9" of fresh snow at the farm I have to deal with the tractor ... I am not going to worry one iota about what the stock market is going to do this weekend.

Rather than worrying about who can save the world, who wins or who loses, or who should go to jail or not ... I am going to go enjoy my life & wife this weekend.

Investing should be dispassionate & analytical ... if there are good guys and bad guys, and you can't control the outcome ... it is emotional & speculative ... I wish you well :emoji_wink:
I hope you have a great weekend. Safety first. I will be fighting the fight while trying to take a hefty sum from the hedge funds.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk