Stock Market is the bottom in?

Apple (AAPL) is also near it's all time high, along with a lot of other things, but I bought Apple this morning. Will close it if it doesn't break out to new highs and stay above the old high
by the end of next week. Non-farm payroll report is a week from Friday on Nov 1, so that will have an affect. Then the election is a few days later.

Closed Door Dash (DASH). Had the January $140 calls that I bought July 25 at $3.90 so they did well. It may have more room to run, but I would like for it to rest for a while.

I forget who called the bottom on DJT a few weeks ago, but that was a very nice call.
I have made 14 x the price I paid for Apple some years ago. This stock still is running great. Sell your losers....and let your winners run. Nobody has a product lineup like Apple. Now Verizon will give me a free I-phone for being their customer. What is not to like?

I have made 14 x the price I paid for Apple some years ago. This stock still is running great. Sell your losers....and let your winners run. Nobody has a product lineup like Apple. Now Verizon will give me a free I-phone for being their customer. What is not to like?
I’ve never sold any Apple shares ! I try to add 10-20 a year . I have a bunch in my IRA that I paid less than $20 for . It’s far exceeded returns of any stock I’ve bought !

I’ve never sold any Apple shares ! I try to add 10-20 a year . I have a bunch in my IRA that I paid less than $20 for . It’s far exceeded returns of any stock I’ve bought !
We have sold off some apple shares over time.....largely to stay balanced and diversified. We have gotten over weighted in a few real winners.....and it always is a source of frustration for me when my planner sells some shares. Still.....gotta have dicipline to keep an allocation model effective and mitigate the risk (or so he says). I play his game because I do not want to do the research and spend the time it takes to do that job. FORE!

Getting rid of long term proven winners! Yikes , no way. That’s why I’m my own financial guy. Nobody cares more about my money than I do.

1729783916039.png

Seems like everytime the west tries to sanction russia, they just end up making them even more money on their natural resources. When NS2 spontaneously exploded and was never investigated, Russia ended up selling the gas to Chyna, who then put it on a boat and sailed it over and sold it to europe anyway. Now two 'enemies' get a nice premium to get reserves built up for the big show.

1729784882811.png

1729784910335.png

And SD is down with SPPP in a big way.

DJT is still climbing. TSLA is up a bunch after earnings and should correct some in the next few days. SOFI is due to break out and has earnings coming out next week. SMCI is at a good price right now in my opinion.

Lost $$ on IEP, it went from $48 to $10. This is a strange stock . It was paying an $8 annual distribution. So if you had it long enough, the big drop was not as hard to take .

Now it went up from $10 to $15 and still pays a $4 distribution… obviously speculation all the way . I bought more at $10-11. It’s managed by Carl Icahn.

Lost $$ on IEP, it went from $48 to $10. This is a strange stock . It was paying an $8 annual distribution. So if you had it long enough, the big drop was not as hard to take .

Now it went up from $10 to $15 and still pays a $4 distribution… obviously speculation all the way . I bought more at $10-11. It’s managed by Carl Icahn.
Who is IEP? ......and what do they do?

If memory serves, the reason for the drop is they were sued for "fraud" and cleared, but the desired damage to the stock/reputation was done. Icahn isn't a liberal so guessing he was targeted.

Who is IEP? ......and what do they do?
IMG_6455.png
Conglomerate of companies . Like a mutual fund. Energy heavy ! I own CVI & UAN so that’s why I follow Icahn.

Doing great for me lately..... Sofi, Palintir, Rocket Lab, Raytheon, Nvidia, Costco

Doing ok for me lately.... SPY, QQQ, IWM, VO, Tesla, Apple, Broadcom, VUG,

Ready to sell.... NVO, Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Tyson Foods, Raytheon

Hate.... Lucid, Matterport and Rumble

Recently bought.... more QQQ, more SPY, 1,000 shares of Schwab dividend fund (SCHD), more IWM and a pile of US treasuries The SOFI rally has given me a whole bunch of my own money back. They should have BIGLY earnings next week.

I bought in last year around $20 and dumped some change in last month at just under $11 so will do good on that one if it really comes back plus I will get some decent dividends over time.

I bought in last year around $20 and dumped some change in last month at just under $11 so will do good on that one if it really comes back plus I will get some decent dividends over time.
I bought some too because the price was way down. Hopefully the dividend doesn't go away. I'm a sucker for a deal. Now I just have to work on being more patient.

Last edited:
Doing great for me lately..... Sofi, Palintir, Rocket Lab, Raytheon, Nvidia, Costco

Doing ok for me lately.... SPY, QQQ, IWM, VO, Tesla, Apple, Broadcom, VUG,

Ready to sell.... NVO, Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Tyson Foods, Raytheon

Hate.... Lucid, Matterport and Rumble

Recently bought.... more QQQ, more SPY, 1,000 shares of Schwab dividend fund (SCHD), more IWM and a pile of US treasuries The SOFI rally has given me a whole bunch of my own money back. They should have BIGLY earnings next week.
I agree about Rumble. Doesn't look like that's ever gonna go anywhere. I sure wish Costco would do about a 10-1 split.

I doubled my holdings in VLO this morning. I didn’t realize it until my phone chirped at me. I’d sold those $141 puts a week or two back, and they got exercised this morning. I’m ok with it. I dumped PSX only because it seems to always underperform VLO. I’ll have a net increase in refiners, and I’m all for it. The juice is too good in the options and it’s a solid monopoly. Giant mistake for whomever is selling it.

Also, the march continues for SPPP.

051ed551272e1b956ababe6efa4e9e51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk