Stock Market is the bottom in?

Phantom equity. Before rates started going up in March of ‘22, you could have refinanced and got cut a fat check to go and spend as you’d like.

It’s the cash out refi. The economy is built on it, since 1985. It is also true that none of those gains are real, that’s why I call it phantom equity. If a person makes a fat profit selling their home, their gonna receive an equally sized augering on the purchase side. But if you’re not moving anytime soon, it’s free money, tomorrow be damned. In personal finance, there is no tomorrow for most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any data on what percentage of homeowners cashed in on that?

You think that's what the economy has been surviving on? I don't personally know anyone who did such a thing.

Personally, I would never take a cash out refi, no matter how much my lender suggests it. Our home mortgage is the one thing I'll never take a chance on screwing up. Can't afford to make the monthly any higher, or extend the payoff date if I ever want to retire.

Credit cards or loans I can just stop paying when it all gets too deep. The mortgage I don't mess with.

Did you know, for someone with high interest credit cards and loans, it's cheaper once you've run them up to the limit, to default on them than to pay the minimums. The late fees and court costs when they finally try to collect are much less than the interest you avoid. Don't ask me how I know.

On a side note, my wife is an expert at turning Ramen into a masterpiece. She makes a Mongolian beef Ramen that's to die for!

TELLurian is climbing pretty steady the last week or two. Still under 60 cents with a price target of $3. LNG making a comeback. I'm liking it with my average price at $.46 cents.

I started throwing a little gypsum in a couple Sprott metals funds. One is gold/silver, one is platinum/palladium. The gold silver one is doing really well for less than 3 months in. The other is also doing well, but not as good as CEF.

b127ba6c54804c031d29c1cddc5e3119.jpg

468d32c0e39e983e6b4bd3284d204bbb.jpg

I also bought some Morgan Stanley at its 52-week high. For some reason, I had a hunch the biggest banks are gonna have a big run. I have no rationale behind that, but if I’m gonna buy overpriced crap, I want the guys that have their guys running the government agencies and private central banks.

I’m hoping another down day to make some buys. Right now everything seems high. Must be the fantastic economy 😉

That is the gift that just keeps on giving. Unreal their run.

Yes, and they are taking Dell with them now. This is partially because of how the CEOs are tight, and Huang mentioned this at the annual meeting this year. I bought some Dell right after I heard about that.

Interesting fed chatter this morning. First I’ve heard of no cuts and now the fed raising more into 2025.

A different president may put pressure on to go the other way. jmo

I might be the only one in the room rooting for rate increases. I would be very happy if we could go up another 2-3%. I'm sitting on a sizable pile that would benefit greatly from higher interest rates. Not to mention the buying opportunities that it would likely generate . The only debt the wife and I carry is the house mortgage and that is locked in at 2.5% with 12 years to go. We could write a check for it tomorrow if we had to. I have the credit card companies paying me, and I am collecting more interest from the bank than they are collecting from me. If I wasn't such a pansy I would have put more into the market the last 5 years and probably been able to retire by 50. As bad as it would suck for the rest of the country to see higher rates it would be good for some.

I might be the only one in the room rooting for rate increases. I would be very happy if we could go up another 2-3%. I'm sitting on a sizable pile that would benefit greatly from higher interest rates. Not to mention the buying opportunities that it would likely generate . The only debt the wife and I carry is the house mortgage and that is locked in at 2.5% with 12 years to go. We could write a check for it tomorrow if we had to. I have the credit card companies paying me, and I am collecting more interest from the bank than they are collecting from me. If I wasn't such a pansy I would have put more into the market the last 5 years and probably been able to retire by 50. As bad as it would suck for the rest of the country to see higher rates it would be good for some.
I think there are lots of retired folks that live on interest income or other interest sensitive investments. Also lots of pension and insurance companies that invest in bonds, etc. which can smooth out their performance.

I currently have a sizable cash cushion too....as a result of high market multiples and building cash while waiting on the inevitable downturn that has yet to happen. We don't make very risky investments these days.....as my planner stays within the lines of mostly stogy (and somewhat predictable) investments. Tho I've got a few multi-bagger stocks over the years.

I think there are lots of retired folks that live on interest income or other interest sensitive investments. Also lots of pension and insurance companies that invest in bonds, etc. which can smooth out their performance.

I currently have a sizable cash cushion too....as a result of high market multiples and building cash while waiting on the inevitable downturn that has yet to happen. We don't make very risky investments these days.....as my planner stays within the lines of mostly stogy (and somewhat predictable) investments. Tho I've got a few multi-bagger stocks over the years.
To verify that's true I'll need the name of your bank and account number. Just to be sure.

I’m reluctant to turn loose of much cash this year also. I wanted to replace a couple barn roofs but am fighting the temptation thinking there will be buying opportunities when downturn happens.

Same here, been putting money into 1 mos cds waiting for what I feel is a good time to buy. Doing a little buying here and there.

I’m reluctant to turn loose of much cash this year also. I wanted to replace a couple barn roofs but am fighting the temptation thinking there will be buying opportunities when downturn happens.
You’re killing me. I’m negotiating on a dream tract of land that’s about 20% bigger than I “need” and my trusted investment gurus are all talking about stockpiling cash. Uggh!!!

You’re killing me. I’m negotiating on a dream tract of land that’s about 20% bigger than I “need” and my trusted investment gurus are all talking about stockpiling cash. Uggh!!!

Get the land. You can’t hunt and fish or drive around on a stock.

Hey if makes you feel any better I have no cash but I have more land than I can hunt!