Stock Market is the bottom in?

I know nothing about the railway industry but it seems like labor on the trains would be a fairly small portion of the costs at play?

If you could cut your workforce on the engines by half wouldn’t you? I’m not advocating one way or the other but I do see why the companies would want to go to single man operation. I don’t have hard numbers but I would guess that the railway’s would lose 20% of their workforce going to single man crews.

Rough day for a leveraged short position in the S&P.

1658262149571.png

If you could cut your workforce on the engines by half wouldn’t you? I’m not advocating one way or the other but I do see why the companies would want to go to single man operation. I don’t have hard numbers but I would guess that the railway’s would lose 20% of their workforce going to single man crews.
That is more substantial than I would have imagined.

Last edited:
It seems like we have a good number of forum members who like to dabble in the market.

I think this could be a fun topic to talk about as we rebound. Let’s all try our best to keep Unproductive political talk out of it as much as possible. (Bill feel free to shut it down if it gets out of hand. my feelings won’t be hurt.)

Looking at the gains of the last 3 days.... it seems like we might be at a bottom perhaps? I don’t know and I should probably be the last person giving stock advice. However I could see Earning losses in Q2 being an issue. So maybe a mild drop could happen yet? But even with high Unemployment Numbers Announced... we still had gains today which seems like a good sign. Seems to point to this displacement of the workforce as only temporary.

Thoughts one where any of you see it going from here?
I believe this pump is temporary, the fed will raise rates next week and we will see a pullback for sure. My shorts are in

My major concern over the single man train crews has more to do with railroad retirement funding. I could see this leading to railroad retirement board raising the retirement age to 62.

Canada is also on the path to going Dutch communist.

AT&T is a good buy at 18 (Thursday). That is for holding into and passing down. Same with ibm and coke. I like lyfe too, it that is because they invest in companies that aren’t “woke” (pro life companies). So that I’m not using my best judgement on, but I figure if they are for God How can it fail?

if they are for God How can it fail?
You consider God when investing? You're a better human than I am. I don't think God gives a shit one way or the other about people making or losing money

Yup, I ask God for help in every single decision I make in life!

I encourage you do try it sometime! Unfortunately I don’t always get the answers I want, but I am truly blessed!

Yup, I ask God for help in every single decision I make in life!

I encourage you do try it sometime! Unfortunately I don’t always get the answers I want, but I am truly blessed!
lol...so God cares about how much money you make or lose on the stock market? That's just too rich. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean...t=And Jesus went into the,it a den of thieves.

lol...so God cares about how much money you make or lose on the stock market? That's just too rich. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleansing_of_the_Temple#:~:text=And Jesus went into the,it a den of thieves.
God cares about us for sure. Even you! To much is given much is expected. Look at some of these athletes who make a lot of money and use their platform to spread the Good News. You ought to try it some time! I’ve been blessed in this life for sure, and I owe it all to Him.

I’m sorry you feel the way you do, and you are entitled to your opinion and I mine. I spoke my peace and won’t need to discuss it any more.

14218aa584cfa0c6fe6e7b76063b134f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be a interesting week in the market. 🍿

Should be a interesting week in the market. 🍿
It should make for good drama if nothing else. It's a huge earnings week, the fed should be announcing their next attack on the bubbles they created wednesday afternoon. Energy companies report mostly on Friday. Energy is going to report absolutely absurd profits, and all thanks to the great resetters and their war on peace, food, and energy.

Valero estimate

1658765091316.png

Phillips 66

1658765172752.png

Chevron

1658765235686.png

Exxon

1658765279355.png

Que the “greedy oil companies“ & “obscene profits“ statements from the WH & lame stream media at 3-2-1

Que the “greedy oil companies“ & “obscene profits“ statements from the WH & lame stream media at 3-2-1

I'm sure they'll provide a balanced message contrasting current profits to the huge losses sustained in 2020...