Stock Market is the bottom in?

Funny part of this whole debacle is Europe turning back on their coal fired power plants lol priceless

Germany. Their energy policy has F'ed the rest of us in Europe.

We're gonna have to make up for the natural gas shortage in Europe because their WEF puppet leaders would rather freeze, starve, and bankrupt their people than buy Russian gas. And that means we've got way more bidders for gas here. And who knows if there are even enough LNG tankers and port capacity to move that much gas, or if our existing fields can produce that much extra?

I hope someone figures out how to make urea outside of russia, or all of those diesel engines that require government water (DEF) are also going to quit working.

My old diesel engines do not require any DEF I won’t buy a piece of equipment with that crap I’ll rebuild engines before I’ll go down that ridiculous rabbit hole.

I am not calling a bottom, not at all, but these stocks look attractive if you like dividends...UAN (fertilizer) & Devon Energy (DVN). Both are north of 9% dividend. Will they sustain? Don't know....I don't think the energy or fertilizer issues are solved, but that is just my opinion!

I am not calling a bottom, not at all, but these stocks look attractive if you like dividends...UAN (fertilizer) & Devon Energy (DVN). Both are north of 9% dividend. Will they sustain? Don't know....I don't think the energy or fertilizer issues are solved, but that is just my opinion!
I get nervous for anything over 4%. It's always blown up in my face. The bigger the yield, the bigger the fail.

I went through that with Breitburn Energy and Stonmor Partners. There are others that look attractive based on yield, but I'm afraid they're gonna nosedive when the big slide finally hits.

5.52% - DOW
5.04% - PRU
4.80% - IBM
4.61% - MMM

I think all of them are ripe to get blown to bits when the excrement hits the oscillator. I'd still buy PRU, but I'd like it a whole lot more south of $75/share. $50 would be even better. Employment numbers are starting to sour, and that is going to hit PRU.

I picked up some dvn just because of this recent dip, the dividend and I don’t see oil staying down like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get nervous for anything over 4%. It's always blown up in my face. The bigger the yield, the bigger the fail.

I went through that with Breitburn Energy and Stonmor Partners. There are others that look attractive based on yield, but I'm afraid they're gonna nosedive when the big slide finally hits.

5.52% - DOW
5.04% - PRU
4.80% - IBM
4.61% - MMM

I think all of them are ripe to get blown to bits when the excrement hits the oscillator. I'd still buy PRU, but I'd like it a whole lot more south of $75/share. $50 would be even better. Employment numbers are starting to sour, and that is going to hit PRU.

I actually don't think Devon Energy or CVR Partners would be in the same category? But geez who knows. CVR may payout as much as $30 in dividends/distributions this year. Which would be 1/3 of the stock price right now. With that sustain over time, maybe not. I hope to get a good return on it for a few years. Carl Icahn owns 34% of the company.

Some random news from around the global economy:

Cold

Hungry

Poisoned

Robbed

The fed said they were going to get rates up and fight inflation. Don't think they're doing very well with either one.

1657725757113.png

The fed said they were going to get rates up and fight inflation. Don't think they're doing very well with either one.

Get ready for minimum .75 point raise minimum, very probable they will raise 1.0 full point with 9.1% inflation news today. They are definitely playing catch-up.

Get ready for minimum .75 point raise minimum, very probable they will raise 1.0 full point with 9.1% inflation news today. They are definitely playing catch-up.
I saw the 100 BP chatter this morning too. It'll be interesting to see if they do it.

If they where actually serious about inflation control they would raise rates 6% but these are not serious people.

My boring dividend stocks are still doing ok…

General Mills (up) Verizon, IEP-treading water

Altria (took a hit) but stills pays .90 cents a share every quarter

My boring dividend stocks are still doing ok…

General Mills (up) Verizon, IEP-treading water

Altria (took a hit) but stills pays .90 cents a share every quarter
I did some legit buying for the first time in 3 months this week. I added PSX, I added to my EPD position, added to my CVX and XOM position. I also threw down some gas money on SPXS for earnings season. 2022 has gone pretty smooth so far, so we're due for some more terror. Fuel shortage (any of them, nat gas, propane, gasoline, diesel) and grid failure are my top 2 candidates. When the refineries start mysteriously blowing up or shutting down, I wanna be holding shares of the ones that survive. I just hope I pick the right ones.

Woof, this is starting to get ugly. I was talking to our vending machine guy yesterday (he’s also the owner). He told me these guys hit him with a 10% increase in May, the first double digit ever. Now they just hit him with another 20% increase.

ae01f654e967458213d513070491f2ee.jpg

These things have hit $11.18/lb. #LGB

5a0d20e8edf97878a7d393f421f50eef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they where actually serious about inflation control they would raise rates 6% but these are not serious people.

Yes, the way to deal with the economy is to shock it and set it back to slow spending. I think 6% raise might not be recoverable as a lot of business especially small business' would be destroyed. While not pleased that the Fed did not start with rate hikes back in Oct, they are at least realizing the problem they helped to create. The next Fed meeting raise in 2 weeks how serious they recognize the problem is.

It seems like only yesterday it was formula shortage season.

Can the government print railroad workers?

I'd be getting the propane tank filled early this year if you haven't already.

Interest rates need to be at least 10% Iam not an economist but I’d think you would want interest rates higher than inflation to incentivize people into saving. It will probably take the fed another year to get there. Oh well just gonna keep dollar cost averaging.

Rail industry strike is overted for Monday just received my text from the union that Brandon appointed a PEB. I believe 60 days before a strike can happen September 16th if the Presidential Emergency Board isn’t able to iron out differences between unions and rail companies regarding wages and benefits. I know one major sticking point for the companies is they wish to go to single man train crews. I’m not in the operations department so this has little impact on me but could effect the railroad retirement system as it did when the firemen and brakemen where no longer needed. On the flip side the companies aren’t even offering pay increases that match inflation so unions are absolutely wild about that. My guess is that the PEB board says one man crews are OK making companies happy this will cut total rail labor by maybe 25% nationally but says 35% wage increases for a 6 year contract making unions happy. IDK my crystal ball is busted. I’m a hardcore conservative most generally but I will say the unions are required particularly on wage negotiations.

Rail industry strike is overted for Monday just received my text from the union that Brandon appointed a PEB. I believe 60 days before a strike can happen September 16th if the Presidential Emergency Board isn’t able to iron out differences between unions and rail companies regarding wages and benefits. I know one major sticking point for the companies is they wish to go to single man train crews. I’m not in the operations department so this has little impact on me but could effect the railroad retirement system as it did when the firemen and brakemen where no longer needed. On the flip side the companies aren’t even offering pay increases that match inflation so unions are absolutely wild about that. My guess is that the PEB board says one man crews are OK making companies happy this will cut total rail labor by maybe 25% nationally but says 35% wage increases for a 6 year contract making unions happy. IDK my crystal ball is busted. I’m a hardcore conservative most generally but I will say the unions are required particularly on wage negotiations.
Are you saying they want only 1 human being on a train, like one conductor, and nobody else?