Stock Market is the bottom in?

I love this idea. I'm curious how the student loan process goes for kids of parents with a solid income? I recall it being difficult to get a federal loan if your parent's income was solid when I was college age in in the mid 2000s. Is it just a matter of them taking on private loans with less favorable conditions?

We had our first child last Sept and have gotten her started on a 529 but what you guys are saying makes a lot of sense.
My mom saw I was getting into too much “ party time” in high school. Told me college was up to me.

Uncle Sam to the rescue!

my Army recruiter talked of jumping snowmobiles outta choppers in Alaska.

I ended up in an Armor ( Tanks) company in the 8 th ID in Germany!

it was let’s just say AFreakingeyeopener

My mom saw I was getting into too much “ party time” in high school. Told me college was up to me.

Uncle Sam to the rescue!

my Army recruiter talked of jumping snowmobiles outta choppers in Alaska.

I ended up in an Armor ( Tanks) company in the 8 th ID in Germany!

it was let’s just say AFreakingeyeopener
Whut'd 'ya think?.....the Army was gonna take you to the Prom (cupcake). Grin.

I knew this from an episode of Pawn Stars. A great show for quick history lessons.
Considering the history of freelance gold mining and panning in this country it just sounded like fake news when I heard it. Like everything that peaks my interest I had to dig into it and was surprised to see it was not only true but the shenanigans with the government back then was an eye opener for that era.

Anecdotal at best but folks I know who did the associates for the first two years and transferred to a bachelors have had some heartburn with credits not transferring.

I went a different route. I took CC classes online while enrolled at university after I had confirmed the credits would transfer. This was a huge help in getting some of my Gen Ed requirements and prerequisites out of the way.

It's not easy. The only way it makes sense economically is to take CC courses concurrently and in addition to the max load allowed by the university. But if you have the capacity for it, you can pay CC prices instead of university prices for all those credit hours.

Hopefully that football player of yours was a bison and not a Sioux/hawk😁
No Jamestown...LOL . Not a powerhouse. But he had fun and he met 3 friends that are now best buddies!

I went a different route. I took CC classes online while enrolled at university after I had confirmed the credits would transfer. This was a huge help in getting some of my Gen Ed requirements and prerequisites out of the way.

It's not easy. The only way it makes sense economically is to take CC courses concurrently and in addition to the max load allowed by the university. But if you have the capacity for it, you can pay CC prices instead of university prices for all those credit hours.

Community College of the USAF gave me an associates degree in Survival and Rescue Operations. When I got out I went college shopping purely based on transfer credit acceptance. I did have a couple solid semesters of CC under my belt before I joined the AF though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that the bottom, or is this the dead cat bounce?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up an interesting story last week on crack spreads. I had no idea what a crack spread was until I read that article. Apparently, the profit per barrel of oil in and through a refinery (the crack spread) is off the charts right now. It's a wonder of cheap oil (yes, $110 oil is cheap) and extremely expensive gasoline and diesel. I bailed on everything non-energy on or before April 6th, and that happens to be the same time the crack spread started to widen significantly. I dumped most of my Valero in March, and my timing couldn't have been worse.

1656347435891.png

My gut was telling me that Brandon and the resetters were hell bent on driving this bird off a cliff, so I was holding a big stake in VLO and other energy producers. I kept a little, but I missed out on a huge win. I don't know that I would have had the discipline to sell up there anyway. I don't see how the energy problem will get resolved at this point. Frankly it is resolved in the eyes of the resetters. They just can't tell us that to our faces.

sd.PNG

Ever since covid hit this whole thing has been about stock market manipulation. NOTHING else!!!!
I think control was a part of the equation also. People are easily controlled when you give them one sided information and tell them to fear the worst. Stock market is so easily manipulated it's laughable.

Hindsight is 20/20 and my crystal ball is broken

THANK YOU! That's been driving me crazy. For a second there, I thought the government couldn't be trusted.

The government is not manipulating the stock market. The market is behaving as it should under the circumstances. I'm betting on a bear market and a recession. I don't see how it's avoidable after Covid. I could be wrong, of course, but the spike and crash seem perfectly logical to me.

If your aunt had balls she would be your uncle. Might not apply any more because she could still be your aunt with balls.
Sooo, You know my aunt? Small world.

The government is not manipulating the stock market. The market is behaving as it should under the circumstances. I'm betting on a bear market and a recession. I don't see how it's avoidable after Covid. I could be wrong, of course, but the spike and crash seem perfectly logical to me.
You are kidding? I hope.