Still holding antlers

Someday isle

5 year old buck +
I didn't get a picture but I saw a buck today still holding both sides of his rack. I live in the St. Louis, MO area and saw three deer in a Missouri Bottom farm field. One of them was a medium sized buck with his full headgear still in tact. March 10th is pretty late for that around here.

Just pulled pics of 2, 4.5+ yr old bucks with both sides of headgear still attached... dated the 7th, southeast Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother said full head gear last week in NW Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw one holding both sides in S MI (3/10)

I was in northern WI last weekend looking for sheds. I found 1 super small half of a 8pt. I walked miles on two properties, maybe its a little early yet?

We still have them holding here as of this week on trail camera pictures. I also have picked up several sheds.

saw 2 in s.e. MN with both sides this past week.

Saw a fork horn still both sides on Sunday after church. Located north central Indiana.

As a public land hunter I've never noticed them hanging on this long. As a first year landowner I find it a strange occurrence. Maybe it happens more frequently than I would have ever noticed before but my experience is that by mid February they're pretty much all dropped. Maybe it's the weather or maybe it's just me being More aware.

Nice Jordan. I hadn't seen you on here in a while. I'm glad you're still around.

My son and I are frost seeding on Thursday so hopefully we'll find a shed too.

No cams out but found a pleasant surprise while frost seeding some red clover in my destination plot Fri!
]

He's going to be a brute this fall.

Good find.

That's a dandy Jordan!

Love the split G2!

Nice shed! Love that tall back tine. Pretty pic too. Did you spend any time looking for the other side?

I'm getting pics of bucks with and without antler as of last week on my cams.

He's gonna be a biggy, Jordan.

Thanks Guys
Not gonna lie, disappointed to see several guys get the boot/leave or whatever went down. Not here for the drama though. Jus habitat conversation. I have enough drama in my line of work. Life is to short...
Anyways here is a pic of the buck who dropped the above shed from this fall. Believe He will be 6.5 this fall. Some of you guys may remember me posting pics of him yrs back inquiring whether he was a 3 or 4 yr old. I think he was 3 at that time.
IMG_1460.PNG

As a public land hunter I've never noticed them hanging on this long. As a first year landowner I find it a strange occurrence. Maybe it happens more frequently than I would have ever noticed before but my experience is that by mid February they're pretty much all dropped. Maybe it's the weather or maybe it's just me being More aware.

I often get pics into Late April of antlers. Often the small ones hang on longer. I never thought of it before but I bet the public land bucks early loss is a product of stress.

Thanks Guys
Not gonna lie, disappointed to see several guys get the boot/leave or whatever went down. Not here for the drama though. Jus habitat conversation. I have enough drama in my line of work. Life is to short...
Anyways here is a pic of the buck who dropped the above shed from this fall. Believe He will be 6.5 this fall. Some of you guys may remember me posting pics of him yrs back inquiring whether he was a 3 or 4 yr old. I think he was 3 at that time.
View attachment 12533
Great shed. Did you put a tape measure to it?