Stark EZ Start root boxes

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Anybody ever buy one? Got a credit for a saturn peach that didn't make it. Thinking of buying a ez start potted tree from them. A semi-dwarf macoun. As of last year they use mostly M111, but some trees can be B118. I'd prefer a bareroot, but they are out of semi-dwarf bareroots.

My “semi-dwarf” trees from them have been underwhelming. One is severely leaning under a heavy fruit load, probably B118. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only trees I've really ever had trouble with were from Stark also.

Only trees I've really ever had trouble with were from Stark also.
Me too, and I've bought quite a bit from them.

Good bad or ugly..... The Macoun is coming in tomorrow. Only thing I want from them in the future is another a saturn peach. Going to wait a few years to stage growth on them. One producing mature while another young one replaces the soon to be too old peach. They're only good for 10-12 years from what I hear. I have 18 months to spend the refund credit.

The "dead" peach tree looks like it died ontop, but the bottom has a few leaves on it.

I bought some paw paw from them. I bought them from stark because they offered them in the EZ start boxes((basically potted). I have found potted Paw Paws to grow fantastic as the bare root paw paws are about 50/50 mortality rate, for me anyway. My paw paws from Stark are growing excellent

I will post some pics next week. Getting ready for weekend at camp.

Macoun is a whip and the box was filled with roots, but not rootballed. Mulchy woodhipy kind of soil. Likely a base aggregate for more or less chemical feeding, much like they do with hanging basket flowers. Soil as on the dry side, but green leaves looked ok. Removed the beat up saturn peach and transplanted it to the nursery.

Roots had a B118 look to them.

20231012_171743.jpg20231012_171906.jpg20231012_165947.jpg
Macoun looked ok. Bottom pic is saturn peach. Some leaves on base. Might live, its in the nursery right now. Surprised by my kerr on anty, top roots are like 5 feet long. Chopped into one while digging a hole for my peach tree.

Bareroots are pretty butchered by stark .

Attachments

• 20231012_171743.jpg
    20231012_171743.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20231012_165924.jpg
    20231012_165924.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 3