Stand alone alarm system for cabin or pole barn

247Deer

5 year old buck +
I am looking for suggestions on some type of alarm system. I am not looking for a Monitored system. I am just looking for a system that makes a lot of noise lights just something to scare someone off or alert neighbors. Everything I see online looks like cheap Chinese made junk any suggestions would be great thanks

Have you thought about plain old motion sensor lights? My place has no power, so I found some LED battery op (8 AA) that have motion sensors on them. I initially put them on my covered porch for me when I come back at night. But I'm thinking that if you had them around your cabin or barn and some signs that say it's monitored - even if it's not. That might make people think twice ("Hey guys, what if that sign is NOT just a sign?").

I have Motion activated lights inside and outside but I am looking for something at will alert my neighbors since I’m an absentee landowner

The problem with alarms is that someone will have to respond to them. If no one does, then they just verify to the thief's no one is home.

If it is noisy enough to wake up your neighbor, I suspect your neighbor will grow weary of it after the second false alarm when a deer walks by and triggers it.

I want the alarm for the interior of the building not the exterior. I have the motion lights for the exterior I just want something for the interior if someone decided to kick the door in

A neighbor had a cabin near my old farm. He wired up a 12V police siren. He kept a battery under the front porch with a toggle switch on it, out of sight. He had trip wires rigged to the door that pulled a switch that turned the siren on when the door was opened. He always told me if I heard the siren to come quick! My buddy and I were working in plots one day and heard it. We went on the ATV, it was Rayford. He come to the cabin and forgot to throw the master switch. It worked well, we were probably a half mile away. You can buy a siren for a couple hundred.

A neighbor had a cabin near my old farm. He wired up a 12V police siren. He kept a battery under the front porch with a toggle switch on it, out of sight. He had trip wires rigged to the door that pulled a switch that turned the siren on when the door was opened. He always told me if I heard the siren to come quick! My buddy and I were working in plots one day and heard it. We went on the ATV, it was Rayford. He come to the cabin and forgot to throw the master switch. It worked well, we were probably a half mile away. You can buy a siren for a couple hundred.

I had an old friend that had one of those. He used a clothes pin with roofing nails through the jaws. Wire the roofing nail jaws to a battery. Put a piece of plastic between them and tied fishing string to it and ran a trip cord.

this was in his shop that I had a key to. I can’t tell you how many time I tripped that thing.....

my parents just got a simplisafe system at their house. no need for monitoring. if you have a land line, there are lots of self install alarm systems available that will set off a siren and go down a contact list to dial out and alert you or your neighbors.

I had an old friend that had one of those. He used a clothes pin with roofing nails through the jaws. Wire the roofing nail jaws to a battery. Put a piece of plastic between them and tied fishing string to it and ran a trip cord.

this was in his shop that I had a key to. I can’t tell you how many time I tripped that thing.....
So, do these just ring until the battery dies?

So, do these just ring until the battery dies?
His did. But I suppose you could find a 12 plug in adapter.

I have a similar situation and I have been looking at the cellular blink cameras. its $16 a month but you can get motion alerts to your phone and talk through the camera...