Southern Crabapples

White Oak

5 year old buck +
How do Southern Crabapples rate ?. I though I read somewhere that they are prone to disease , but I could be wrong. My Walmart is going to be getting some in from Chestnut Hill Outdoors , and I'm debating about picking up a couple. I've had good luck with other Chestnut Hill trees purchased at Walmart https://chestnuthilloutdoors.com/shop/southern-crabapple/

I only have one and it is very prone to getting CAR. The fruit is also not very impressive. Dolgos planted nearby are great producers with no disease issues.

I only have one and it is very prone to getting CAR. The fruit is also not very impressive. Dolgos planted nearby are great producers with no disease issues.
Thanks Native Hunter . That sounds familiar , you may have mentioned that before on here. I wont buy any Southern crabs . My Tree plot is just about full anyway , I probably only have room for 4-5 more trees, I have 15 Crabs combined from NWC , Blue Hill and Tractor Supply. As for pears I only have about 8 in my tree plot.... I think my last 4-5 trees will be pears.